10 Year member as of today.

edinmass

It's hard to believe I've been a member on this site for 10 years as of today. Time has sure gone by fast. I have met and made a bunch of good car friends here on this site, all at no cost or obligation. Just a short THANK YOU to all who run the AACA, The Web site moderators, and all the volunteers at the Hershey Fall Meet. My first fall meet was 1971 when I was only 5 years old, with my grandfather and father, I have only missed a few years since then. The hobby has been a GREAT family adventure. Grandpa and dad are gone now....... but the new generations of the family are also coming on board. My best wishes to all...... and in my fathers words now long gone and missed ......... HAPPY MOTERING. Ed

Congratulations Ed, on your anniversary.

I still appreciate the advice you shared with me when we spoke about the car I was considering for purchase. You had seen, and knew the car, and were right to advise me against it. Someday I'll find the right P-A with the help of you, David (VA), and David (MI).

Ed, yes, time flies - and this is a really outstanding forum, well managed by the mods, well supported by AACA but what really makes it is the member content and you are a great contributor.

I have met "virtual friends" who have become "Live friends" here ande hope to meet you in person in the not too distant future. Found my Packard here through Tom L. who has become a good friend, learned a lot, bought and sold a few things as well. All in all still my favorite site!

I don't remember when I joined the AACA - Hershey in 2008, maybe - but I see from my postings, that I joined this forum in July 2009, so going on 3 1/2 years. I've enjoyed it very much and am actually getting used to this new format that I squawked about so much when it changed. So congrats on 10 years Ed. I hope I catch up to you one of these years!

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen, Marty I missed you at the HCCA lunch on Friday at the fall meet. Where you there? Rf

Guest oldcar3653

Hello and congrats ED. Wow!!! I just joined a few days ago. Looking forward to meeting people like you with all the wealth of stories and information. Take care, Sonny

Your comment made me look up my own join date and on 5 Dec I will have been here ELEVEN years.:eek: I've been here long enough to remember Rants & Raves and some of the characters who populated the basement. Speaking of which, is Howard Scotland still around? haven't heard anything from or about him in a long while.

I guess hanging around the Forums is what convinced me to spring for Life Membership.

Yeah, I guess some of us are in it for the long haul.

Guest oldcar3653

Hello all, Oldcar3653 here again. Sure hope I will be able to sit down with some (Or All) And sit back and just keep my mouth shut and fine tune my ears. I wouls be in my height and glory hearing all those stories and checking out yuor rides. Like I said earlier in this tread I am new to the club and Love it waaaaaay much already. To let all know I have a very solis 36 Plymouth coupe and a 1930 Oakland 4dr sedan. Just kinda introducing myself I guess. Great reading and talking to all you guys well I consider my friend now. Take care all. Later .......... Sonny--oldcar3653

It's interesting that several people I have made contact with on this site about diffrent interesting posts they have made, turn out to also own a 13 or 14 Caddy like I do. What can be the odds of that? Just yesterday I listed a horn for sale in the HCCA section, the buyer had a 13 Caddy and his parents a 14. Very strange, Ed

5 years for me - didn't have a PC or Laptop before that - strange because my earlier career in the mid-1950s was developing Internal Systems Softward and Languages for Large Mainframe Computers.

We drove the '41 Caddy 240 miles yesterday to LA Region Installation of Officers. Visited with Billybird, too!

Hello all, Oldcar3653 here again. Sure hope I will be able to sit down with some (Or All) And sit back and just keep my mouth shut and fine tune my ears. I wouls be in my height and glory hearing all those stories and checking out yuor rides. Like I said earlier in this tread I am new to the club and Love it waaaaaay much already. To let all know I have a very solis 36 Plymouth coupe and a 1930 Oakland 4dr sedan. Just kinda introducing myself I guess. Great reading and talking to all you guys well I consider my friend now. Take care all. Later .......... Sonny--oldcar3653

By your handle I thought you had a 36 car and a 53 car. In any case it's nice to have you here.

Guest oldcar3653

Dave, my handle was when I had a 35 f100. Just never changed it. Glad to br here I'll tell ya that. Lots of great people to chat with and a wealth of info at your finger tips. Take care my friend.

Congrats Ed,

In logging on to post elsewhere (usually lurk), I see that I too have a Nov. 2002 anniverary. I agree that the site is very well run and a huge asset to AACA members and the hobby in general.

Kudos to all involved!