1910 Pierce Arrow on ebay...

keiser31

Yes, like Trimacar noted, wrong engine, tons of money spent, tons of money more to be spent , innumerable hours yet to go - a real labor of love - will never be quite correct, but what a find!

Agreed, it's a shame to get that far and never get a ride in it, and one wonders the circumstance that led to putting the car up for sale....maybe there's an original engine out there somewhere that would make this one right, and if so, this car is worth quite a bit to the person who owns the right engine........

My guess is at 60 k it's still ten cents on the dollar if the car were a true and pure all 1910 machine. I would still be proud of it when finished with the later engine. Even with 7 figure funds, the pre 1913 Pierce Arrows are not easy to pry out of the hands of their owners. It usually takes an estate sale before one lets a machine like that go. In our neck of the woods we call it a floor sweeping car. Sweep up whatever left over parts from several other restorations and build one more. I'm ok with it, as it great to see such rare machines running down the road. Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Would it be welcome in a HCCA tour??? In this state it would be registered by the motor number which is a 1916 model year. One year over the pre 16 rule. Or because most of it is 1910, would they let you roll with it? Dandy Dave!