1947 56C Project "Can't finish unless you start"

jackofalltrades70

All of the chrome parts. Bumpers, radio grill, door handles, windshield frames, convertible top irons, etc. the stainless parts, I will repair/polish myself. I chose a company based on price,lead-time and quality of parts they had on hand. I will not and cannot say good or bad until I get my parts back in 10 weeks or so.

My son is asking when he gets his arm back, by the way.......

Looks great - I wish I was at your point in the process !  On the chrome - what are you doing with the convertible top lock pins at the top of the windshield ? I am getting close to that point in my disassembly and I was wondering about it.  Also, did you drill out the rivets that hold together the chromed top irons ?  Can you get replacement rivets ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have the battery. I have a little more hand buffing to do on the dash. 8 more weeks for the chrome. I have everything except the bumpers paid for. Need to fab up a positive battery cable and figure out a length for the negative strap.

I have tried on several occasions to get the fuel pump mounted. Thus the reason for spinning the motor a bit. Beginning to wonder if they didn't send me the wrong pump. God, hope I didn't do something wrong in the engine.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Matt, as I'm sure you know, the pump works off of an eccentric on the camshaft, which runs the lever on the pump. The same pump body can be used on more than one engine, so its' most likely that you have an incorrect pump.

Not what you want to hear, either! Post a couple of pictures of it, and I can post one of my spare, and see how they compare.

Keith

• 1 month later...