MrEarl Wants YOU in a '54 Buick

MrEarl

Here is a fantastic project. 54 Super 2 door hardtop with rust free straight body. Has an 18 " x 18 " rust out section in drivers floorboard. Trunk solid, rest of pans solid. No troublesome power steering or brakes. Minimal options car, just all about the style.

For Sale 1954 Buick

1954 Buick Riviera: 2-Door Hardtop; near complete car; non-running condition; NO title; Yellow with black; Photos available<!-- START CLTAGS -->

In my LIMITED opinion, the rears of both are to busy. I understand these are 50" concepts, but to busy for my taste.

I like the sweep spear on the top car, and certainly don't like the louvers on the bottom car.

Just my opinion, I LOVE BUICK'S, but they have made a few mistakes over the years, ME TOOOOOO!

Dale in Indy

Jake, I believe this might be this car. If so the $950 is a very good price. It was quite a bit more when I inquired over a month ago. I thanked the seller for saving the car and explained that it was just too far from Georgia for me and that I would defer to the gentleman from Madrid, Iowa. You should add this one to your collection. Look at that front grille.

post-31987-143139250981_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139250713_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139250719_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139250971_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139250977_thumb.jpg

Lamar

You are correct, that's the one. I know he started over 2 years ago if memory serves, wanting around $2000. 10 years ago, that would have been a very good price, when project vehicle prices were higher. I believe he has dropped the price since I saw it - $600. I will give him a call. For me, it was never a matter of interest as much as space. I just don't have any. I have started using a fellow south of Madrid for storage. What I really need is an acreage. A (54) Buick Farm North.

I too thanked him for saving it, could have ended up a Toyota by now.

Did you just say he would take $600 for it? :confused::eek:

these are some of the most pitiful smilies I've ever seen

Nope, meant it has dropped about $600 in cost since I went to look at it. I looked at it in June and he wanted $1400 for it. I am sure he told you the story about how he got it but it fascinates me.

Basically, as the National Highway Interstate (and Route 66 etc) system developed and people starting travelling across country, when their cars broke down they would abandon them or trade them and these cars would be picked up by the county designated yards and a few survived. This car was in one of those yards.

I used to live in Montana and would travel back to the midwest. About every major town in Nebraska and South Dakota had these yards, many are gone and this one where the Super was at, is gone now. Land was plentiful and cheap out west and the cars would sometimes take up acres.

I will try to get this purchased in the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest loadmaster

OK Mr. Earl, I took your advice and I just bought a few 1954 Buicks...and the prices couldn't have been better !!! post-58446-143141894881_thumb.jpg

post-58446-143141894873_thumb.jpg

post-58446-143141894877_thumb.jpg

Congratulations, and I see you have joined the gang at the '54 Buick Highway too. Next step... a full size maybe...

1954 buick skylark project or resto mod shell

3K93Ff3M35Lc5G25K6d4g5a4f2f21bb00124a.jpg

Or this one, actually not a bad price and just needs TLC (Trailer and Lots of Cash)

1954 Buick Skylark Convertible - Vancouver Collector Cars For Sale - Kijiji Vancouver Canada.

$(KGrHqNHJEQFDjwVMzBBBRicVvT8e!~~48_20.JPG

This is a nice Super, can't believe it is still for sale.

1954 BUICK Super Riviera. model 56R. Good driver. ready to drive home

3E33Ff3Ne5G75E75Kfd41681bcdd03efc1dad.jpg

And if you like 3 speeds

54 Buick special sedan 3 speed

3Kb3Jf3N35L35F35Hcd52730d886f8bbe178c.jpg

These lil 2 door c-dans are hard to find

1954 Buick Special

3E53Mb3Jb5I35N45M8d4c460fafbf12691ed5.jpg

This one just sold a couple months on eBay from down in FL, I see it is now on the other side of the continent. A case of Sellers Remorse maybe.

1954 Buick century hardtop

3Kd3L13J75I55N65K8d546980b24c46b119bf.jpg

1954 Buick Century 4 dr

3G93Kf3I65E55K75J3d44603bd094878e1008.jpg

1954 BUICK RIVERA

3Gf3F13Hc5Ia5F65Mdd53432b29725468145e.jpg

Buick ,cadillac,chevy,olds, pontiac ,ford, dodge, hot rod , street rod

3Ea3M53Hb5Nb5Ke5H9d526f47e3acf4821ed6.jpg

1954 BUICK SPECIAL actually a Super

3K63L13Ib5N35E45J1d5516eb50c0165c155f.jpg

1954 buick century

3M93F83Ie5I85O25H1d4e9ca556a119ae1d9b.jpg

54 BUICK SPECIAL

3F13N23H75Nc5L95K9d4qd9c0bea87d391c4d.jpg

I wish Mr Earl would find me a 54... :)

I'm findin 'em, you just need to rob a bank and buy 'em.

Depending on the sellers meaning of paint "looks presentable" and considering the entire mechanical has been rebuilt, glass is excellent (hopefully new rubber) and from the pictures solid floors and rockers (although it looks as though they neglected to paint the undersides of the rockers), this could be a pretty good deal. Also mentions restored front grille. (tha's a grand there). Very much worth looking into and making an offer. These lil sedans are scarce, I love 'em.

1954 BUICK SPECIAL 2DR SURVIVOR GREAT SHAPE

3E53L33Me5Le5N25I2d52d2013e6aa88e1731.jpg

3G63Jb3He5N95F15Had5264f2dc353eaa1f48.jpg

3G83J53Hc5L45K55F9d523b386a44323218e7.jpg

Up for sale today is a very clean and super solid 1954 Buick Special 2d sedan. This is a great start for anyone looking for a easy and very affordable weekend project. Its ready for immediate purchase and for more detail information you can call 321-243-0328 A major restoration was started on the car about 5 ago years, the entire drive-line (Engine, transmission, rear-end) and brake system were completely overhauled, it still has its original nail head, dynaflow tranny and rear.The engine runs great i have over 12k in receipts spent by previous owner for the service done by well respected service shops here locally. All the glass is in excellent shape, the stainless that i have is in excellent shape. The paint and body were done about 4 years ago in a nice metallic maroon and white inside and out, and it looks presentable. The restoration was stopped at interior upholstery. All the interior trim has been painted to match and is wrapped up in paper in the trunk, The interior just needs the seats, door panels and carpet redone(i have the original door panels). The car during the past 5 years until now has been limited to a drive around the block 1-2 times a month, now its started and ran daily. The front and rear bumpers need re-chroming there in good shape otherwise, the entire grill has been redone recently. The trim that I have is on the car it needs the passenger door back sweep molding. All the lights and gauges function properly, the vacuum wipers are a little sticky but engage.The tires are bias ply white walls they are in good shape but could use a couple miles put on them. Its been couped up in a garage for the last 5 years and is now ready for a new home and a owner to take it to the next level. I DO NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS SO PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL OR TEXT, 7500 obo ONLY TRADES IM INTO

47-59 GM TRUCKS 58-63 IMPALA BISCAYNES OR BELAIRS 62-65 NOVAS.

• 2 months later...

Here's a sweet lil 15K mile all original Special. A 3 speed car with a pristine non-flexible steering wheel and check out the nice original headliner and condition of dash. From where I'm sitting the upholstery and glass all looks good and I see no rust through in the normal places. Somebody needs to rescue this '54 time capsule and bring to the next National for an Archival Class Elite award. Nobody hardly ever wants to spend a lots of money on 4 doors, so having something like this that would be so unique and interesting in and of it's own right to me would be so exciting. Park this next to a newly restored 54-55-56 and see which one draws the biggest crowd.

If it is a running, driving and stopping car, I think the asking price is reasonable to start negotiations at. Email me if I can be of any help in what to look for or ask the seller. I will be calling them later just to chat about the car.

1954 BUICK SPECIAL

Hey Mr. Earl, I've been to Country Classics in Ill. and they have some nice cars. This green '54 would really compliment Terry's wardrobe, if you would help her fix it up a bit, and then she could join in on our discussions. Waddya think ?

Here's a sweet lil 15K mile all original Special. A 3 speed car with a pristine non-flexible steering wheel and check out the nice original headliner and condition of dash. From where I'm sitting the upholstery and glass all looks good and I see no rust through in the normal places. Somebody needs to rescue this '54 time capsule and bring to the next National for an Archival Class Elite award. Nobody hardly ever wants to spend a lots of money on 4 doors, so having something like this that would be so unique and interesting in and of it's own right to me would be so exciting. Park this next to a newly restored 54-55-56 and see which one draws the biggest crowd.

If it is a running, driving and stopping car, I think the asking price is reasonable to start negotiations at. Email me if I can be of any help in what to look for or ask the seller. I will be calling them later just to chat about the car.

1954 BUICK SPECIAL

nice find! I love it!

Man would that ever be a FOOLER, drop a 502 in it, 9" Ford rear, dis. brakes all around, 6-speed manual, and leave the shifter on the column.

Clear the finish, just to stop any surface action.

That's what I would do, no changes to body though. Some of you MIGHT not agree, but each to his own, right? Right!

Dale in Indy

• 3 weeks later...

If it 'IS', as nice as pictures hint, then you certainly could NOT build for that price. Well, unless you did it yourself, and didn't count hours, and hours of work.

Not my color, but very nice.

Personally it needs gravity to work to the tune of about 1-1-1/2", IMO.

What does Mr. Earl say????

Dale in Indy

If it 'IS', as nice as pictures hint, then you certainly could NOT build for that price. Well, unless you did it yourself, and didn't count hours, and hours of work.

Not my color, but very nice.

Personally it needs gravity to work to the tune of about 1-1-1/2", IMO.

What does Mr. Earl say????

Dale in Indy

Mama always said "If you can't say something nice................"

But I gotta ask "How did a Century 'vertible end up with a radiator shroud from a Special syncromesh tranny car?????