MrEarl Wants YOU in a '54 Buick

MrEarl

Just wanted to report back in on the Ranier Blue over Arctic White '54 Roadmaster selling at Barrett-Jackson. The '54 Roadmaster has once again proven itself to be in the upper echelon of prestige in the 1950's Buick's bringing a very respectable $66,000. This exceeded my estimate of in the $40,000 range. These classic cars typically bring comparable prices to 50's Buick convertibles in the same condition. One has to wonder what would it have brought had the engine detailing and upholstery been correct:rolleyes::)

1954 BUICK ROADMASTER Lot 347 | Barrett-Jackson Auction Company

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Another step toward unobtainabilty for your average Buick fan.:(

not at all Bleach. The bill for the completed chrome on this one is probably more than half the askin price. *********1954 BUICK ROADMASTER*******

I have been talking with the owner of this one. Would need front pans, a few patches on rear of front fenders, rockers and rear quarters and a paint job to be a fun driver. 1954 ROADMASTER

Give'em a call Bleach, never hurts to talk and maybe make an offer.

Actually he reminds me more of Dr. John!:eek:

BTW: What is it with 53 & 54 Buick front bumpers and grills - Has anyone ever seen one NOT shiny, with rust and dents? I never have.

That's me, always "In the Right Place but the Wrong Time" :rolleyes:

Now you have

V

V

V

Actually the bumper chrome jobs on these mid fifties weren't very good. Looking more like dull polished stainless tan chrome.

post-31987-143138670569_thumb.jpg

not at all Bleach. The bill for the completed chrome on this one is probably more than half the askin price. *********1954 BUICK ROADMASTER*******

I have been talking with the owner of this one. Would need front pans, a few patches on rear of front fenders, rockers and rear quarters and a paint job to be a fun driver. 1954 ROADMASTER

Give'em a call Bleach, never hurts to talk and maybe make an offer.

Sure it probably doesn't but I'm looking out for '54s in my neck of the woods. I'm also looking for a fairly decent one that wouldn't need more than cosmetics and mechanical work. I don't have the talent to repair rust or for that matter paint a car.

I've also rekindled an old interest in first gen Rivieras. I've owned one before and I've gotten very nostalgic about having another one.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Hey Bleach my 54 came from your neck of the woods (Colbert, Wa). 1954 model 61, solid, good running, power steering and presentable. Bought it last year and put about 3,000 miles on it this year with minimal work. Unfortunately I had to have it shipped to Ohio as I couldn't find any around here in that kind of condition. Keep looking. Carl

post-33892-143138670681_thumb.jpg

Sure it probably doesn't but I'm looking out for '54s in my neck of the woods. I'm also looking for a fairly decent one that wouldn't need more than cosmetics and mechanical work. I don't have the talent to repair rust or for that matter paint a car.

I've also rekindled an old interest in first gen Rivieras. I've owned one before and I've gotten very nostalgic about having another one.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

yep them mid fifties first gen Rivieras were pretty nice. Especially the '54's. he he he

I came close to buying a '65 Rivi once.

Carl that's a beauty of a Century. Sounds like she's almost an every day driver.

Mr Earl,

Here I thought all 54 Buicks could be daily drivers. I'm a believer they once were and no reason not to still drive them. My dilemma is I want to take the 1937 to Charlotte, but then it would be one less 54 and if only 53 show up I might never live it down.

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet is the first word that comes to mind when trying to describe this lil original condition 54 2 door sedan. Love the colors of Jordan Grey over Tunis Blue. I have some questions in to the seller and request for pictures that can be enlarged for better viewing. Someone needs to get serious about this car. I'd love to add it to my collection but not in the cards right now.

Buick - eBay (item 200662488647 end time Oct-18-11 18:09:28 PDT)

• 1 year later...

mrearl1207523.jpg

I figure if I keep these ads for these BEAUTIFUL BUY'S in front of all of you long enough, some of you will eventually join the more than 400 happy BCA members already driving and enjoying

THE BEAUTIFUL 1954 BUICK

[h=2]A few CL finds[/h]

THIS looks like fun. I talked to the seller. He's 72 years old and selling some of his "projects". If I didn't already have a hot rod Spentury in the making, I'd have to go for this.

and ain't this just high society looking as hell

I've talked to this gentleman but can't get him to give me a price. I have more pictures if interested

Rebuilt engine.....no rust....desert car ....AND it's a Century w/322

anybody need a Dynaflow for a Special?

Beautiful Super but quite out of my price range

here's a sweet lil Special, again a little on the high side though

Special or Century?

or anybody need a 3 speed?

front and rear glass $300

Comments:

The blue 4 door Roadmaster is less then 20 miles away from me and is being offered by a reputable local used car dealer. I can go look at it for someone, if interested. I am interested but the price is too high for me. And that does not seem like a high price for a hobby car. Just tapped out a little at the moment.

The other 4 door Roadmaster that the seller won't give a price on- is that Minden South Dakota? Because that's pretty close as well.

The red Super 2 door. I am a big beleiver in single color 2 doors. I know probably 95% were painted with a contrasting top but the more I see Roadmaster and Super 2 doors in single colors, especially dark red, blue or black, I love them. It causes my eye to see the total shape of the car rather then get caught up in sections, if that makes sense, probably not.

There is still a local Super 2 door in Condor Yellow that he puts up about once a month. Trying to clear out some garage space next to the Centurion, and had a new furnace put in 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for posting.

I am wondering if those are seat covers in the blue Roadmaster. I'd love to get into that car for about $6,000.

The Gray Roadmaster is in Minden Nevada. I'd like to get into it for about $2000

post-31987-143139235414_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143139235417_thumb.jpg

is that the yellow 2 door Super with AC you speak of. If so a '54 Buick Highway member has bought it. Couldn't believe how long it was for sale.

Thanks for the thanks. buba.gif

No not the a/c car, but glad someone got it. This is a local 54 Super 2 door hardtop in Condor Yellow with original black top. It was saved by a fellow in nearby Knoxville Iowa, from an auction in central Nebraska. Was destined to be crushed. I think he bought it for $400. Super solid car that he started at $2500 and now down to $1150. Needs everything but floors are solid and is a low option Super.

Minden NV is too far away for me.

Thank you Dave, we could use more class acts like you out on the '54 Buick Highway. Why don't you pick you out one of these and join us. :cool:

and heeeeeeeeeerrrre's another one.....

54 Century's are hard to find and getting harder. Glass is perfect he says. Tha's worth half what's he askin.

BUICK, 1954 RIVIERA 66R Century

nah, just "you got no class, no class at all"

My father while he was a Buick dealer in the 50's, would say, "IF YOU DON'T DRIVE A BUICK, YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH", would Mr. Earl say that about THOSE that don't drive/own a 54 ? hehehe.

I really do love 54's.

Dale in Indy

XP-300, Your comment on comparing the 54 Buick to the 54 Skylark has me a tad confused..... Are you saying you aren't a fan of the Lark?

Personally I like the 54 regular Buick's better, and certainly the 53 Lark over the 54 Lark. Just my opinion....., so you 54 Lark owners don't hate me, remember we owned a new 54 lark, so have had some experience with such.

Dale in Indy

Thank you Dave, we could use more class acts like you out on the '54 Buick Highway. Why don't you pick you out one of these and join us. :cool:

and heeeeeeeeeerrrre's another one.....

54 Century's are hard to find and getting harder. Glass is perfect he says. Tha's worth half what's he askin.

BUICK, 1954 RIVIERA 66R Century

Hey, that's right down in Spring Leak! Not too far from me! Though $3,000 for (yet another) project isn't in the cards for me right now. :(

post-58764-143139238907_thumb.jpg

XP-300, Your comment on comparing the 54 Buick to the 54 Skylark has me a tad confused..... Are you saying you aren't a fan of the Lark?

Personally I like the 54 regular Buick's better, and certainly the 53 Lark over the 54 Lark. Just my opinion....., so you 54 Lark owners don't hate me, remember we owned a new 54 lark, so have had some experience with such.

Dale in Indy

Allow me if I can to clear up any confusion with my comments on the 1954 Buick Skylark and Landau.

I love both cars.

Simply, If there is some one who doesn't like the 1954 Buick, taking a look at the Skylark and the Landau should give them an appreciation for 1954 Buicks. The Skylark and the Landau displayed quality, workmanship, and above all else class.

Only one person could have the Landau, a little more than 800 could have a Skylark, but everyone could have a Buick.

What the Landau and the Skylark did was to display the class and elegance of a Buick, and bring about the desire in everyone to have something better than an "every day" car.

The Landau and the Skylark did that, and brought better market share for Buick, with the sense of "Class and Style" portrayed by both cars.

The two advertisements posted above says it all.

post-58764-1431392389_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Dave is referring the 46 Buck float he has pictured in his posts, I am just getting started on making a model of it.

I had found pictures of it from several angles, and have blown them up. I have the base outline cut out of wood, and very little shaping of such yet. I plan on coating it with bondo, and sanding very smooth, (I LIKE DETAILING ARTY THINGS), and will paint it probably a silver or pewter color.

I will photo what I have so far and send to you in a couple.

Thanks for asking, I love that float............, sure would like a 46 model, but will probably have to go with a 1948.

Dale in Indy

Most folks know that 41 Buick's were scheduled to have the 46 BOMB SITE hood ornament, but because of the war it was pulled. Years ago at a swap meet I found a 46 piece which doesn't have the cross bar. I am running it on my 41, it bolted right up to the hood contour. I have had several people tell me I have the wrong ornament, I just laugh.

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Here is a web site with some awesome Buick photos.

Below are two photos from the site of a 1954 Buick Super.

The angle of the second photo shows the influence the 1953 Buick Wildcat Motorama Showcar had on the 1954 Buick lineup.

The Buick has had only two owners since new.

The car is not for sale but I couldn't resist posting it here for all to see.:)

Reynolds Buick GMC Blog: Buick is a Beauty, too

post-58764-143139249139_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139249148_thumb.jpg

I'm posting this here because of the influence the 1953 Buick Wildcat Motorama Show Car had on the 1954 Buick Lineup, in particular the Roadmaster.

I recently came across a photo of a hardtop version of the Wildcat Show Car.

I'm certain most of us are aware of the convertible version of the Wildcat. I was not aware of the hardtop.

In my view the hardtop version influenced the 1955 Buick lineup.

The convertible influenced the 1954 Roadmaster.

Listed below are some of the differences.

1. The sweep spear.

2. The open rear wheel well.

3. The lack of vents on the rear quarter panel.

4. No fender skirts.

5. Different hubcaps. ( May have influenced The 1954 hubcaps)

6. The rear bumper appears to be different.

If we all look a bit closer I'm certain there are other differences, but the ones I listed appeared to be the obvious ones.

I've posted both Wildcat versions for comparison.

post-58764-143139250607_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139250611_thumb.jpg