1955 Buick....I`m puzzled

progoofoff

If Bob is puzzled, I'm not even going to try....
Best answer....;)

the only time I've seen Bob puzzled was when on our way to Ames and somewhere just west of Davenport the GPS lady told us to head east when we were trying to go west. That only lasted a minute though, Bob told her kiss his a** and that she needs to ref*****calculate.

A vibration damper to decrease certain harmonics on certain road surface textures with particular brands of tires at particular inflation pressures during certain times of the year AND at particular road speeds in certain parts of the World with specific brands of gasoline and motor oil and chassis lube.

If the car isn't moving, it isn't needed.

Regards,

NTX5467

If you turned the spring metal that is riveted on 180 degrees, it could be a very heavy, very specific feeler gauge?

I'm puzzled too, Bob. After cleaning it up, it does look like something NOT cobbled together by a back yard mechanic, but if it just pulled off, how could it have stayed there for 100k miles?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skyking

I had one of those on my 55 Buick..........it was a counter-balance for the stabilizer link. I found out later that I didn't need it. Sold it on ebay for $50.00.