Sold some Ford stock and bought a new Ford pick-up

Barry Wolk

I know nothing. Please educate me.

I bought this as another Concours vehicle, so authenticity isn't paramount, but I don't want any glaring problems.

My wife judged at the Glenmoor Gathering a couple of years ago and fell for a '37 Ford pickup, but I preferred the waterfall grill of the '40 and '41. All she had to say was, "I'd like something like that.", and the quest began.

Do you have any idea how few of these there are? Sure, if you want one lowered, chopped or stuffed with a crate Chebby 350, you can find a boatload.

We are very pleased. Found it through a friend that spotted the offer on this web site.

Hi- A very nice looking truck. If you want some more info on the Truck go to the AACA Library web site . And if you are planning on going to Hershey show in October stop in and see what they have.

Al Storrs

And don't forget, members get 1.5 hours of free research through the AACA Library and Research Center. Copies can be had for a reasonable fee. :)

Not bad, Ford stock to the stock Ford. :rolleyes::D

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

Guest billybird

I thought I saw that truck on E-bay last week. Was it? Anyway, great looking truck, enjoy it. The hood ornament is 1941. 1940 had a narrow one like the car.

Man, Barry, that will make a beautiful tow vehicle for the Chris-Craft. I'm not a "Ford guy", but you sure picked a nice example of that year....and STOCK! You are so right about not finding very many stock ones out there.

Beautiful!

Not much of a Ford guy myself, but I wouldn't kick this one out of the garage for dripping oil! :)

I too have ridden the Ford stock up, but alas in my 401K, so out of reach. Wish I had bought a LOT more at $2.50. :)

"Ford stock to the stock Ford" That's classic Susan!

....."Ford stock to the stock Ford" That's classic Susan!

Thanks. That's how I described Barry's purchase to my husband who handles our stock purchases. :D

Barry saying that his wife was the one that really wanted an old Ford truck reminded me of this joke.

A guy says to his buddy, "Look at the truck I got for my wife". To which his buddy replies, "Nice trade!" :eek: :o:D

Edited by Shop Rat (see edit history)

I know nothing. Please educate me.

I bought this as another Concours vehicle, so authenticity isn't paramount, but I don't want any glaring problems.

My wife judged at the Glenmoor Gathering a couple of years ago and fell for a '37 Ford pickup, but I preferred the waterfall grill of the '40 and '41. All she had to say was, "I'd like something like that.", and the quest began.

Do you have any idea how few of these there are? Sure, if you want one lowered, chopped or stuffed with a crate Chebby 350, you can find a boatload.

We are very pleased. Found it through a friend that spotted the offer on this web site.

addicts helping other addicts ... :)

• 2 weeks later...

If you're wondering if it's correct, it is.

You unlocked the door for your "honey," and she unlocked it for you.*

On sedans, the usual format was for the driver's side rear door to have a key, and the passenger side front door would have a key.

For some reason, they did not give the driver's door a key.

*I don't know the official reason why this is the way it was done. Something about "curb side." One got in on the curb side for safety reasons???

Beautiful!!!

AND we won't "Hate ya too much".;)

Saw your post on...... well you know where...:D

I didn't expect being hated on here for keeping it stock. However, I was absolutely amazed at the response for the H.A.M.B. crew. They were extremely supportive of keeping it stock. Well, not exactly stock as the general response was to drop the nose a bit.

Barry,

It was a simpler time. You parked on the right side of the street, you walked up and unlocked the passenger side door, which you could do from the sidewalk or side of the truck away from traffic. You simply unlocked the door, opened the door, and slid across the bench seat to the driver's seat without being exposed to traffic, or else, if you wanted to, you could reach across and unlock the driver's door from inside.

In my Model A experience, outside door locks on sedans were only found on the passenger side for these same reasons.

Guest 53Nailhead

general response was to drop the nose a bit.

Ya, those guys can't leave anything alone :D.

I like the stance of the truck just the way it is.

Guest bofusmosby

Unbelieveable!! Great looking truck! Thank you for posting the photos. Hmmm, my wife said she would like an old pick-up! :D