All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I assume this offer is part of a projected reality show? Sounds interesting if it is.
  3. My `41 has the same small type serial number tag, located on the drivers side of the firewall. This same number is stamped on top of the drivers side frame rail..
  4. Just throw a spare in the trunk, I’m sure by now you could swap one out before Haggerty arrives. Sorry to see you having such difficulties, got to be frustrating
  5. Not many people do Kestrel. I use to try and keep that thread updated but just never saw it get very many hits. Glad to see someone finally got some good from it.
  6. If someone who hasn’t been a member in years were to join the club now, how long before he gets his new membership number?
  7. Appreciate the link. I never thought to look under that heading..
  8. im going to the Indigo car show, and the may 5th one at flowerfield in the morning,,, but instead of the june 23rd at flowerfield i will be at the Pindar winery car show,, at 37645 main road, ( RTE 25 ) Peconic N.Y.
  9. Repopping these has been being talked about for decades, in fact me and some buds were talking about them while hanging out in BGJYN a couple weeks ago. thanks for sharing the news @Budd Will be interesting to see the price. I sold a a pretty decent set many years ago for like $45 to a guy in AU. Yea I know, that was before I knew what they sell for, which is typically around $100 each? Good to hear from you Budd, how is your ‘56 doing?
  10. Fantastic, Joseph . Please do the Bugle article. Ben
  11. Today
  12. Matt Harwood--Your 1941 Century blog was a great help to me when I was getting my own 1941 Super back on the road about 12 years ago. So a belated thanks for that. My 1938 Limited was a show car back in the early 80's when it was restored. I think it won best of show at the 1983 BCA meet long before my ownership. It still looks nice but the restoration shows its age as it has put on some miles since then and the lacquer has failed in spots . I have had it for ten years now and while I prefer to keep it stock when possible, my main goal here is to make sure it stops when I want it to. The brake system is clearly not stock, so I am going to try and find the best solution I can. I think you are on to something about not going back to the stock route. Dave--looks like we live close by each other, I am sure I have seen your 1940 Buick at the All GM show at Montgomery College. Been a while since I have shown a car there. MCHinson--Thanks so much for the pictures. That helps solves a lot of the mystery. I think the Limited must be a little different given where the floor access hole is from the top but the stock cylinder must still connect to the transmission somehow, which explains the need for the rubber hose. The non-stock brake system on my car is routed completely different as my master cylinder was attached to the frame with a bracket, so they also went with a metal line instead of a hose. I must be missing more pieces as I don't see anyway to make the stock master cylinder would work without some kind of bracket that attaches to the transmission. Even with a bracket I don't see how it would reach my brake pedal and be under the floor access hole. My brake line junction box is also quite different. So it looks like my best option right now is to either sleeve the cylinder I have on hand since I know that works with my configuration or to find another cylinder that is compatible per Matt's suggestion. I will start another thread to see if anybody knows the original application for a Wagner Lockheed FD-4862 cylinder. It is the same size as the stock Delco cylinder, but the mirror opposite. I googled it but found no info about it. Thank you again to everybody for your input! Lars
  13. Do you have a fuel regulator incorporated into the system and know the flow rate of the pump ? I had this same issue on my 40 Ford when I installed an electric pump to do away with vapor lock. I just had to decrease the pressure a 1/2 pound.
  14. Yes. 4.51.3is damned hard in one's head. In my first life, before calculators, I would have done it with reference to Chamber's seven figure log tables, or maybe on my slide rule.
  15. Last one is rubber mat with a piece in the middle that has been torn out. Well worn, in other words. Photo can be magnified quite a lot.
  16. Don’t forget to make sure the flywheel bolts are in the crank before you fit the sump (if they were removed).
  17. 41 Su8, I have tried searching 'battleship linoleum', unfortunately, it appears that it is only available in the Americas and I am in the UK. I cant seem to find any suppliers in the UK or Europe. I think the shipping costs from the States would be rather high. Joe in Canada, many thanks for the link. They certainly have what I am looking for, the problem is shipping to the UK. I will contact them and see what they think. Terry Bond, I have tried to find out what material was used on the floors of the Humberette, but too date have had no luck, some owners say carpet, others say lino! Here are a few photos of the floor on other Humberette's. A much modified Humberette in Australia with a modified floor to give more room for your feet. This looks like carpet? Not sure if this is carpet or lino? This looks as if it could be lino? This is definitely rubber mat. Definitely carpet. Difficult to tell, maybe rubber mat? Thanks to you all for your help.
  18. Little off the topic but I’ve been finding my mirrors a bit useless, they don’t give a whole lot of reflection of the side of the car. I hunted down some 96mm blind spot mirrors and stuck them on. The difference is just awesome I can see every part of the side of the car from top to bottom. I’ve been using my chrome headlight to look for cars next to me more than the old flat mirror.
  19. Got everything balanced up this morning. All the weights all match up perfectly after taking a little off here and there, and the totals were all the same. 4 days working out the jig and 3 hours to balance it all. Haha. There was one piston that was 1 gram more than the others but I didn’t want to take anymore of it. Got most of it buttoned up today and it all went together really nicely. Will put the head and sump on tomorrow and prep it for painting.
  20. 1969 chevy camaro 350 v8 a/c car On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Chevrolet-Camaro/273820735305?
  21. #CarShow Oldtimer Breakfast Tournai - Belgium April 22, 2019 Photos by Capri Power (see all the photos on next link) http://capripowermeetingpics.weebly.com/oldtimer-breakfast-tournai-21-april.html
  22. Leaving Minnesota May 1 to York PA area. Can haul car, pickup and parts. Wayne. 507 two six nine 6696.
  23. I would guess that the electric fuel pump could be the problem. You should have maybe 1-2 psi at the carb. More than that you could be over running the carb/float with fuel causing the car to run rich. Just a thought.
  24. I’m changing out the original exhaust manifold bolts on my 57 Special and was wondering out replacing them with grade 8. Any thoughts and advice? Barry
  25. OK Riviera People: I run the kind Bob the Turbinator runs. Perfect! Hey, I also noticed the valve stem on the 63 wire cap is at 6 'o clock on the factory picture. I've been putting all mine at 3 'o clock. Will i get in trouble with the cops on that one? Mitch
  26. OK Buick People: It's happy. Ever go to a swap meet and see the vendor ask too much for their stuff, pack it up and keep doing the same thing? Well, cars can also be like that. Now at least if the car is not selling the seller has a legitimate reason to consider lowering the price. Yup, VERY VERY HAPPY. Mitch
  1. Load more activity