63 Oldsmobile Jetfire 4 speed factory turbocharged

I am listing this Oldsmobile Jetfire on eBay Sunday February 25th and will be completed on March 4th. This will be a no reserve and no opening bid auction. I do have it listed in a couple places for $32K. High bidder on eBay owns it whatever that price is. I will link the eBay listing here when it goes live. Here are some pictures and a You Tube video of it. 

IMG_0203.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

3 hours ago, JACK M said:

Excuse my ignorance but how does one use the 'Turbo-Rocket fluid' ?

There is a tank on the driver side front inner fender. You pour it in that tank and the system does the rest. When you boost it will pressurize this tank and through a metering valve allows it to be injected into the intake air to cool it. Here is a You Tube video I made that explains how it works. 

Edited by jensenracing77 (see edit history)

11 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

Strange.Here you ask 32.000$ and on ebay its 10.000$ now and no reserve anymore or it has reached the reserve price already ....

Yes, I was listing the car figuring I would get offers. I have all confidence it will get to at least what is needed for the car. I just want it gone so that I can focus on restoring our 62 Jetfire. I set no reserve and no opening bid on it. It will sell to the highest bidder whatever that amount is. 

I like that "the simplified version".

Can you still get the Rocket Fluid? Or is there something else that can be used?

And what is the Rocket Fluid?

I really like this car, I am a manual tranny guy and not much into GM. I didn't even know this car was made.

The Turbo Rocket Fluid is nothing more than 50% water and 50% methanol and then some water soluble lubricant to keep the diaphragms soft. It is basically the same thing as the modern aftermarket "Snow" system that the kids are using on their tuner cars and bid diesel trucks. (the funny thing is, the kids think it is something modern)... It is to inject water into the intake air to absorb heat. It absorbs heat as it turns to steam and prevents detonation. With the high compression and 6.5 lbs of boost it needed a way to keep it cool. An added affect is that the steam also raises the compression slightly more for even more power. They were a 215 aluminum engine producing 215 HP and 301 torque in a car that was under 3000 lbs. 

Fun little cars for sure. They are a hit at the car shows. 

Edited by jensenracing77 (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, JACK M said:

I like that "the simplified version".

Can you still get the Rocket Fluid? Or is there something else that can be used?

And what is the Rocket Fluid?

I really like this car, I am a manual tranny guy and not much into GM. I didn't even know this car was made.

When we used water injection on a supercharged ZR1 Corvette we built, it seemed to prefer Windex as its 'rocket fluid.'

53 minutes ago, Tom Laferriere said:

This is a neat car.

I am a little biased but I agree. I am an Oldsmobile nut and sold off a Rallye 350, concourse restored 70 W-30, a 71 442 convertible and a 70 Pace Car because the Jetfire model is all we play with now. We enjoy these cars more than any we have ever owned. Our two 62 Jetfire' are keepers for sure. One automatic and one 4 speed in the same color. My wife and I will have a "His Hers" theme with them when we are done restoring the 4 speed car. 

Thanks for the reply

Fun stuff.

My experience with methanol was a mechanically injected 410 Donovan in a dirt late model.

Lots of compression and used at least twice as much as gasoline. NEVER had any temperature problems, in fact had to block the radiator on cold race nights.

I rarely felt the floor board when I had that motor. (engine) Even won a couple of races with it.

Incidentally, there was a guy that ran a 315 Buick in that class and kicked ass. He also experimented with a V6 with much success.

Then the track had to enforce a weight rule to even things out. Darn !!

I would love to bid on your Olds but its not in the cards I am afraid.

I had a bidder that had 0 transactions and just joined eBay yesterday. I have blocked them from bidding again till I know more about them. If someone from here is that person feel free to contact me. I just would like to know the person is not trying something fraudulent. 

Thanks

Eric

The 0 bidder turned out to be a person that owns one of my former cars. I have taken him off my blocked list. I don't really know him because he bought it from the guy I sold it to but at least I know he is not a fraudulent bidder.

Ends tonight! I am just a little nervous. Never sold anything like this on eBay before.