2018 Regal

RivNut

Buick announced today that for 2018, the Regal will be the Regal Tour X.  An all wheel drive vehicle to take on the likes of the BMW 3 Series wagon, the Volvo XC90, and the Audi A4. Turbocharged 2.0 liter four developing 250 hp backed by a 9 speed automatic transmission.  Goggle Regal Tour X for more.

2018-buick-regal-tourx-005-1.jpg

• Like 7

The Sportback is more like a later '70s "Aero" design GM intermediate/hatchback sedan. The TourX is ala Dodge Magnum "sport wagon" and only in the USA.  Products were to be build by Opel, originally.  The TourX has the best lines!

NTX5467

• Like 1

Maybe, and maybe not.  The website that GM sent to me by e mail contains the adviso that the images are the pre production vehicle.  So there may be some surprises yet to be seen.

1 hour ago, JohnD1956 said:

Maybe, and maybe not.  The website that GM sent to me by e mail contains the adviso that the images are the pre production vehicle.  So there may be some surprises yet to be seen.

Hopefully they'll dispose of those off-road Jeep-inspired plastic wheel arches. Yech!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NTX5467 said:

For those that care, customized portholes are available in several variations.  Usually sold in sets of three.  First ones I saw were in WalMart.

NTX5467

I see quite a bit of these around the ghetto parts of town. Some of them have fallen off, too.

10 hours ago, Beemon said:

Some of them have fallen off, too.

Maybe not.  Perhaps they're going more subtle with their customization and simply applied the double-sided tape so that each can gaze at the car and imagine in their minds the porthole variation that looks best to them...

...or they just got blown-off in the car wash.  :wacko:

The second I saw that first picture in Ed's post above, it sort of reminded me of the 1973 Volvo sport wagon I've always admired. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So i googled Volvo Wagon and here is what popped up

image.jpeg

Then I googled 2018 Regal and this is what popped up

image.jpeg

Not it sure what my point is, or even if there is one, just jabbering I guess. Or most likely it's that  I'm spending too much time googling when there are real Buicks outside to be played with. 

• Like 1