Thank God for the Administrator

Why is it that every time the posters on this forum get out of hand the posting magically disappears? Particularily when it is a select few regulars who generate the most animosity. This site should have a hall of shame for these posts to go to so that new participants can see what happens here before they unwittingly post? Why are the guilty protected? Maybe a three strike rule should be put into effect, you know three strikes and your OUT! This must be a full time job for you Ronbarn. Keeping the unruly herd from having to face the consequences of their actions must absorb all your free time! I hope they are paying you well or at least bribing you with a lot of KK's?

Observant ~ I think that it speaks well for the DF that objectionable posts get deleted, ESPECIALLY when some of the offenders are long time regulars. It clearly shows that this forum does not cater to and is not controlled by those you refer to as "A select few regulars."<P>I am a regular and undoubtedly one of those who offends on certain threads. I do not object to being deleted at those times, but would you have me prevented from giving some valued input from time to time because I choose to take issue with someone who makes offensive posts.<P>And by the way, anyone who refers to the people on this forum as a bunch of jerks, deserves what he gets. And I will tell you up front, if he does it again I will hit back again. ~ hvs

And please tell me observant, how come most of us "objectionable regulars" are registered and upfront with who we are and what our e-mail addresses are, while you hide behind your cloak of unregistered anonymity. confused.gif" border="0 Come out of the closet. rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ hvs<P>Is this an offensive post too?

I posted the first reply to "Big's" thread of "Jerks!" and didn't get to read all the replies before going off to our Region's monthly meeting. By the time I got home, the thread was gone. frown.gif" border="0 In my reply, I asked "Big" a couple of questions in regards to his posts. Basically, are you here to share your knowledge with the rest of us hobbiests or are you here to merely hype your own business interests? rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>I would appreciate it if all the members of "The Hall Of Shame" would refrain from posting until "Big" has a chance to do so. wink.gif" border="0 Maybe this guy's first posts got off on the wrong foot and he is now frustrated by the replies he has received. frown.gif" border="0 Let's all refrain from posting to this thread until "Big" has a chance to collect his thoughts and make his reply. wink.gif" border="0 <P>OK, "Big", the stage is yours... are you here to share your wealth of knowledge or looking for more bucks from the hobbiests? I am hoping that you have something of interest to offer.... If not, I guess that you were designated a sham and that could prove true. shocked.gif" border="0 Please take this opportunity to clear your name and answer some of the questions previously posted. smile.gif" border="0

• 15 years later...

Ahh, the old forum days of Rants and Raves. I just googled something and this thread from 2002 came up. I was reminded of the rants and raves just last week, when the rodder question came up. There is always some that love to argue. Hey, I put myself in that group at times. As a reminder of this thread, the HVS signature is from one Howard V Scotland, a past president that said what was on his mind. Read his comments. If we don't remember and save our history, we are destined to repeat it.

Wayne

PS, I know that Ron Barnett and Howard Scotland have passed away. Does anyone know about Ron Springstead?

• Like 2

On April 12, 2002 at 0:15 AM, Guest said:

And please tell me observant, how come most of us "objectionable regulars" are registered and upfront with who we are and what our e-mail addresses are, while you hide behind your cloak of unregistered anonymity.

Good point. LOL. :P

22 minutes ago, R W Burgess said:

. If we don't remember and save our history, we are destined to repeat it.

That's funny. It made me laugh.

Happy Administrator's Day! Sunday, huh? Maybe most will be calmed down a little from church.

Ooops! Implying a visit to church probably offends someone.

Bernie

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Anyone bother to check the date on this thread?

Hello, Bob.

Re-read Wayne's post # 8 above...

2 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

I just googled something and this thread from 2002 came up.

Regards, 

Peter J.

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Anyone bother to check the date on this thread?

Thanks Pedro!

Bob, I just wanted to remember our past DFers, and wonder where some are that I know are still around. I have not seen Novaman on here in a long time, for instance.

HVS always got my attention with some of the things that he would say. He promised me a "deep" conversation a long time ago, and of course as time went by, it never happened. So, another little history lesson from a past AACA President missed.

Edited by R W Burgess
Thought of something.... (see edit history)

Wayne/Pedro-I can sure remember the good old days.  When I took over as VP Internet from Ron Barnett, it was like the wild west in many ways.  I can remember when we created "Rants and "Raves" so folks could go play in the basement all by themselves.   There were a few outspoken posters who despite being banned kept coming back by changing names, etc.  Eventually, they must have tired of only getting responses from the same individuals and decided to spew their stuff elsewhere.  Sure made for some exciting reading at times, but a lot of it was way OT.  The Forums still have their moment but it remains one of my favorite passtimes, and has been most educational.  Yes - moderators are appreciated very much.  I was fortunate enough to get my long-discussion with Howard and will gladly pass along some of his thoughts - but nobody can match his wisdom!   See you all at Hershey if not sooner!

Terry

• Like 2

5 hours ago, R W Burgess said:

Bob, I just wanted to remember our past DFers, and wonder where some are that I know are still around. I have not seen Novaman on here in a long time, for instance.

Wayne,

I believe I saw Novaman at the meet in Huntington, WV a few weeks ago walking to a local restaurant one night but was not able to speak with him.

Speaking of DFers I saw and spoke with ex98thdrill at Huntington and I am pretty sure I saw Shop Rat at the judges breakfast but didn't have a chance to speak with her.

Speaking of the Huntington meet, were you there? If you were there sorry I missed you. Isn't Huntington kinda in your neck of the woods (ie the state next door)? 

Charlie

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, charlier said:

Speaking of the Huntington meet, were you there? If you were there sorry I missed you. Isn't Huntington kinda in your neck of the woods (ie the state next door)? 

Charlie

Charlie, I had just recently got back from California for the Western Tour to support that event as Board liaison. Spreading funds to cover the year is hard at times

On 6/11/2017 at 7:31 PM, R W Burgess said:

Charlie, I had just recently got back from California for the Western Tour to support that event as Board liaison. Spreading funds to cover the year is hard at times

Wayne, Boy that must have been a nice, long drive there and back with a lot of sightseeing. Totally understand about funding AACA activities. There is only so much time and money available. The Huntington Meet was my long distance AACA meet for this year. I count my blessings that I live so close to Hershey that I can attend that each year without a lot of travel time. Speaking of Hershey I hope to see you there since that is my next and final  AACA Meet for this year.

• Like 1