I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

• 2 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to attend The Misselwood Concours this past Sunday in Beverly, MA

Check out the video at 3:56 to see a stunning 1954 Skylark that won Best in Class,

and at 1:09 a Beautiful 1931 Buick 90 series.

Unfortunately the day was curtailed by a 2 hour down pour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZLerj6YzZ4

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

I believe this is this car

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/sold#!/1954-Buick-Series-100-Skylark/133223/183977

Judging by some of the small details, I don't believe it has ever been judged under the BCA

Lamar, What are those small details? For my edification.

I'm familiar with 1954's, but I don't know all of what to look for. When I saw this car on Sunday it looked "correct" to me.

I believe the judges were using AACA judging forms from what I saw.

Which of course is not the same as BCA forms or rules.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

I believe this is this car

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/sold#!/1954-Buick-Series-100-Skylark/133223/183977

Judging by some of the small details, I don't believe it has ever been judged under the BCA

WOW! Did they really look this good when delivered to the original buyer?

The engine paint is a bit glossy (?)

the power steering hose terminals are a bit bright (?)

the power steering pump housing should be green (?)

the hood hinges are zinc plated (?)

shouldn't the hood hinges be painted body color? or black?

The Buick factory never made a hard-top, so it had to be a conversion from a 40/60 car. Whatever it was, it was nicely done! I was not able to find the owner and get him to lift the hood and see the data plate.

It had about all the correct goodies, including the dash plate for a Skylark, with the exception of a correct Roadmaster front seat and power antenna. A very nice car, whatever the story was...

No, No, No, they didn't look that good. We had a 53 & 54 new........ I tore the pass door off the first month we had the 54, now that was a chore to put the door in the trunk, drive back to Dad's dealership and see the expression on his face when he saw the door MISSING. I was 17, I started crying, he said, " DON'T TELL YOU MOTHER".

Dale in Indy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest shadetree77

Dale, we were only there on Sunday. I didn't go up on Friday because of the rain, Saturday I went to the Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village. We got to Frankenmuth at 9:30 on Sunday and left around 2:30. Photographic evidence below. :) Sorry we missed you my friend.

post-75106-143142712821_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142712827_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142712834_thumb.jpg

Friday night over 50,000 people lined main street, and at 5 PM they closed of the street, approx. a mile, and over 2,000 cars lined the street, leaving the center open for people walking to see the cars.

Saturday the grounds were packed with cars and people, weather wonderful, the sky, and clouds were out of this world. Temp was in low 70's.

Saturday night at 5:30 18 of us met for a wonderful family style chicken dinner, then at 7:30 the cruise began. The streets were packed with people in their chairs to see the cruise

We left around 10:20 Sunday morning, I have never stayed for the Sunday show, so don't know how many cars have left town. It took us 4 hours 45 minutes to drive back to Indy, approx. 320 miles.

I walked, and sat in my chair at the show Sat all day looking for you, I wanted to "HOLLER, HEY SHADETREE, AND MISSES SHADETREE", but it didnt happen. MY LOSS. I was hoping you wouldn't know who I was, then I could make you guess. That would have been fun, FUN IS GOOD!

Maybe next year,

Dale in Indy

That tail end of the 54 above is just like the 54 Century I had in the late 50's. Well, mine had SCALLOPS and was lowered.

Dale in Indy

That tail end of the 54 above is just like the 54 Century I have in my barn. And it once lived in New York!!! Hmmmmm, reckon?....

remember Smitty, we've got to find a seafood restaurant in Springfield so we can have some scallops for dinner. :)