1937 Cadillac 812 westchester, not mine.

16 minutes ago, Crusty Trucker said:

I understand FB has a limited list of car makes (names) to choose from for their posting headings. That may be why "Cadillac" shows up and not "Cord". The seller's description is more correct.

You think a multi-billion dollar company with an engineering staff in the thousands could add a few more names to the list.   I understand not having Sensaud de Lavaud in the list but Cord is a pretty easy one and I'll bet there is always at least one on Facebook marketplace.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wonder why the engine/tranny aren't being offered with the car.

Maybe hoping to sell the car to a hot rodder, and the drivetrain to someone else?

Seller is working the angles pretty hard, and might not sell anything.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, alsancle said:

You think a multi-billion dollar company with an engineering staff in the thousands could add a few more names to the list.   I understand not having Sensaud de Lavaud in the list but Cord is a pretty easy one and I'll bet there is always at least one on Facebook marketplace.

Well you would also think that they could atleast make the search function work properly.  When I search a 100 mile radius of Lake George NY I get stuff in NY city,  CT,  Even NJ and OH.  When I search by newest listed, stuff in my own town doesn't come up for days.  I still insist it is the worst search engine on the planet,  yet we have been forced to use it,  as most people moved from Craigslist and the local advertising books to it.

You wouldn't think it would be that hard to write a code for a proper search function.  Seems craigslist figured it out years ago as most other online sites.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2024 at 6:55 AM, auburnseeker said:

Well you would also think that they could atleast make the search function work properly.  When I search a 100 mile radius of Lake George NY I get stuff in NY city,  CT,  Even NJ and OH.  When I search by newest listed, stuff in my own town doesn't come up for days.  I still insist it is the worst search engine on the planet,  yet we have been forced to use it,  as most people moved from Craigslist and the local advertising books to it.

You wouldn't think it would be that hard to write a code for a proper search function.  Seems craigslist figured it out years ago as most other online sites.

You might be interested to learn that last year, Facebook reported their AVERAGE salary was $200K/ year. Rich millennials are running the planet, and we just live here.  

7 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

You might be interested to learn that last year, Facebook reported their AVERAGE salary was $200K/ year. Rich millennials are running the planet, and we just live here.  

I figured that.  I always thought that the people that make changes at ebay never use the site.  Same is probably true of Facebook.