For Sale: 1931 Marmon Model 70 Rumble Seat Coupe, - $16,000 - Glastonbury, CT - Not Mine

For Sale: 1931 Marmon Model 70 Rumble Seat Coupe, - $16,000 - Glastonbury, CT

1931 Marmon model 70 for sale by owner - Glastonbury, CT - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1931 Marmon Rumble Seat Coupe, Model 70, Straight 8, 211 ci. 72 hp, 3-speed standard. Tilt out windshield, Double cowl vent, Roll-down rear window, Has added electric fuel pump. Needs some dialing-in. Has small radiator leak. Does run. Very solid car, older restoration. Used regularly before being stored in an estate for 4-5 years. Sold with MA title and Bill of Sale.
Chat available through "Reply" button on listing.
Copy and paste in your email: 070bf12936e03cae83cf29e765a3e27a@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1931 Marmon Model 70 Rumble Seat Coupe.

Note: The 1931 Marmon Model 70 was the successor to and improved version of the Marmon Roosvelt.

'31 Marmon 70 CT a.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT b.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT c.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT d.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT e.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT f.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT g.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT h.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT i.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT j.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT k.jpg

'31 Marmon 70 CT l.jpg

• Like 11

I am a fan of the independent/orphan makes and as a Hoosier, I like the Marmon brand. 

just for clarification, this car is substantially different from the larger grand Marmons people may think of when they consider this brand. This is a small car. It is shorter and has a smaller displacement than the smallest Buick of this year.  It is only marginally larger than a Chevrolet in 1931 with a 112 in WB and 211 cu in straight 8 (the Chevrolet had a 109 in WB and 194 cu in 6.  And was a 535 dollar car. )

this isn’t a criticism of the car, I like it.  But if people are picturing the Big 8 Marmon of these years with a 136 in WB and a 315 cu in straight 8, they might be surprised by the smaller nature of this 70 series. 

all that is just background I’d have fun driving this Marmon coupe around. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, John Bloom said:

I am a fan of the independent/orphan makes and as a Hoosier, I like the Marmon brand. 

just for clarification, this car is substantially different from the larger grand Marmons people may think of when they consider this brand. This is a small car. It is shorter and has a smaller displacement than the smallest Buick of this year.  It is only marginally larger than a Chevrolet in 1931 with a 112 in WB and 211 cu in straight 8 (the Chevrolet had a 109 in WB and 194 cu in 6.  And was a 535 dollar car. )

this isn’t a criticism of the car, I like it.  But if people are picturing the Big 8 Marmon of these years with a 136 in WB and a 315 cu in straight 8, they might be surprised by the smaller nature of this 70 series. 

all that is just background I’d have fun driving this Marmon coupe around. 

Thanks John, Me being a newbie to the early stuff thought exactly as you have outlined. Again not a knock on the car as what can be seen looks pretty decent and drum roll............ Can be had for Model A money

But yes I hear Marmon and I think they all fit in the category of the big classics (sorry, I forgot we are not supposed to use that word🤐).

• Like 3

Nice looking car in many ways.

As mentioned, not the big Marmon we often think of. I have seen several Roosevelts over the years. A bit too new for my preferences, but otherwise a fine smaller mid size car. The Roosevelt was Marmon's version of a "companion" smaller marque to improve profitability in the late 1920s. Sadly, the crash of 1929 so soon after most companion marques were introduced had most of them discontinued after only two to a few years. Marmon dropped the Roosevelt name, and it became this model Marmon.

• Like 3