For Sale: 1955 Chrysler New Yorker Newport - "Excellent condition, A joy to drive" - Factory a/c - Stratford, CT - Not Mine

For sale on Facebook: 1955 Chrysler New Yorker DeLuxe Newport 2-door Hardtop in Stratford, CT  -  $27,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/485029590569547/-1955-Chrysler-New-Yorker-Newport

Also listed on Craigslist: https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/d/stratford-1955-chrysler-new-yorker/7763261229.html  -  No phone # provided. Contact Seller through Craigslist email to: 9a79e6cab9e033e38ff1a249ceb858e1@sale.craigslist.org

Seller's Description:

1955 Chrysler New Yorker DeLuxe Newport 2-door Hardtop

• VIN: N5541903
  • condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 79,546
  • paint color: black
  • title status: clean

This specific 1955 Chrysler New Yorker Newport, now available for sale, is a beautifully preserved example of this iconic model. Its striking exterior, complete with a classic color scheme and distinctive styling, makes a bold statement on the road. Inside, the well-maintained cabin features plush seating and a range of period-correct details that enhance its vintage charm and authenticity. Notably, this Newport is equipped with the rare rear-mounted factory AC system, a highly sought-after feature that adds to its exclusivity and comfort. The powerful Hemi V8 engine under the hood ensures a thrilling yet refined driving experience, making this New Yorker Newport not only a visual masterpiece but also a joy to drive. For collectors and enthusiasts, this 1955 Chrysler New Yorker Newport offers a rare opportunity to own a piece of automotive history that continues to impress and inspire admiration.

Additional photos and videos available upon request. Located in Stratford, CT. Viewable by appointment only. Offered at $27,500.00 USD

image.png.240d1014b298eb86a359f8c21e562fea.png

image.png.38bd609fab577d9c9ffe46ecaae2c288.png

image.png.b06ee1978b718e76a75b3b408ab32a17.png

image.png.15ffe552de44f3846faabcc0e0306292.png

image.png.4aec5405fe82836117538cc4401e5e02.png

image.png.37836563fb6ca5506ccbe19823d1ada0.png

image.png.69f30f8d417da4d2608918b8479ea2e3.png

image.png.0c23ac33bdbc138bf50a5b0f8583cc58.png

image.png.32631e5477bea1d17035c56d2e779a7a.png

image.png.22839bbaa9133c7ddcba98b0c9f67fe1.png

• Like 4

Very ambitious price here, IMO that interior isn't striking, it's scruffy looking and water-stained. A repaint with a color change? A black car with a gold interior seems a little off to me and whoever repainted the door jambs didn't do a very good job. The exterior presents well except for a missing Chrysler nameplate below the trunklid and I don't think any 1955 Chryslers came with wheelwell mouldings. I wonder if someone added them and if they're metal or plastic? Anyway GLWTS but it might be somewhat overpriced for its condition, this sure sounds like a flip to me after reading its overhyped and very embellished ad. 

• Like 1

Yes, it is possible that color combination is OK and might have been available in 1955. If anyone's interested this same seller has another similar 1955 Chrysler New Yorker coupe in red & white for sale on the same Hartford, CT Craigslist. The red & white coupe doesn't have factory AC but it appears to be in better overall condition than the black & white one. Both are priced at $27,500. IMO the red one is much more attractive than the black one. In 1955 Chrysler finished ninth in the US auto production sales race behind Dodge and ahead of Cadillac. For some reason there always seems to be a fair number of 1955 Chryslers listed on today's market for sale at any given time. 

• Like 1

Very attractive auto, I like the colour scheme inside and out. I do agree with 55r though that I bet it looks a lot worse in person than in the pics. Int. def looks tired and I second his comments on the door jamb paint as well as the top edge of the door looks a bit suspect. Underhood looks like it may have been hosed down but is way off from outstanding. You would stand out in sea of 55 chevy's. I could own a car like this, but not at the asking. 

• Like 1

It's one of those ads that says a lot without saying anything useful. For that price I would think there's something useful to say, e.g. The AC blows cold, everything works except such and such, length of ownership, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Can't vouch for the Chrysler paint and interior combinations catalog but my 1955 IMPERIAL Newport is paint code #1 Black with white leather and gold brocade. 

Chrysler did NOT offer the wheel well lip moldings for NYers this year and they are NOT from an Imperial which are considerably larger as well as being pot metal.  Also rear Impl wells are "open wheel" shaped.   On this offering these look like something from ebay.

I'm wary of this one.

Edited by StillOutThere
Correction (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The ad is written in dealer speak, a type of English language where the reader is taken to a tropical island, given some mind altering liquid refreshment and is advised to gaze lovingly at the surroundings while ignoring the bees trying to jump into his umbrella drink.  Anything related to the exact functionality of the automobile is not considered a necessity in this setting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TerryB said:

The ad is written in dealer speak, a type of English language where the reader is taken to a tropical island, given some mind altering liquid refreshment and is advised to gaze lovingly at the surroundings while ignoring the bees trying to jump into his umbrella drink.  Anything related to the exact functionality of the automobile is not considered a necessity in this setting.

I think it's more artificial intelligence, guess someone can type in year and make of automobile and this drivel comes out.

I like the saying that's going around, how can we invent artificial intelligence when we still haven't figured out how to deal with real stupidity?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I had a '55 Coupe Deville that was white with a black roof from the factory. It also had matching twin spot lights with rear view mirrors mounted on the back of them. In order for the mirrors to function as intended, the spots had to sit upright and facing forward. So, as you guys might imagine, that old Caddy had a definite "Chief-of Police" vibe to it. I still have those twin spots around here somewhere. If that's a look that intrigues one of you, I can dig them out and send you some pics of them. I've owned them since the early '70s. Now it's someone else's turn. I'd be open to offers.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)