1951 Cadillac series 62 Sedan Free! Sometimes you can't even give them away!

This ad has been up for 2 weeks and no takers! I wonder if they'd have more luck if they said $700 OBO.  

It sounds worthless....(could also use more pictures) 

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/cto/d/coquitlam-cadillac-needs-work-free/7757772361.html

$100 or free to someone who can move it. Needs some love, but a great project for someone who loves to restore cars! Call or text @ 604-849-1402 to view it

Cadillac - Needs Work (Free) 100z0z_dsewf3C41bS_0dI0dI_600x450.jpg00j0j_2ns0ZFusvYj_0dI0dI_600x450.jpg

• Like 4

Still looks like it has a usable interior.  I had a nice 50 that a racoon destroyed the rear seat and it somehow got lost,  otherwise the interior was still good.  This would have been an excellent donor just for that.  Almost seems like it could be gotten up and going,  cleaned up and used as is though.

• Like 2

Something's wrong when you can't get $100 for something like this. It looks complete and is worth way more than that just in glass, bumper cores and other bits. If it IS a stick car that really ups the interest. The salvage title hurts it.

Maybe the seller does have it priced too low. Going by the neighborhood, either there's been a divorce or an HOA is on the seller to get rid of it.

I have to say it. Nicely restored, this Cadillac would outclass any other vehicle pictured in this neighborhood. But I also know a lot of HOA types don't see things as we do.

• Like 4

Reminds me of the FREE black 1948 Plymouth sedan that was linked to these Forums about a year ago in Elkton, MD. When interested parties contacted the seller, the price went from FREE to $4500. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, theconvertibleguy said:

The area code says british columbia so i dont think its an HOA? 

They don't have HOAs in Canada? We need to follow their lead! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My neck of the woods, but not something I would be interested in. Number one problem around here is garage space. Any workshop space around here is rare and very expensive. The younger generation are much more interested in trucks and JDM stuff.

18 hours ago, Leif in Calif said:

They don't have HOAs in Canada? We need to follow their lead! 

That's easy Leif.  Real estate rule #1 - HOA means stay away!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1