Looking to buy - Chevrolet or International truck between the years of 1935 and 1946.

I'm looking to buy an unrestored or restored Chevrolet or International truck between the years of 1935 and 1946. Please comment and share pictures if you have one.

Could this be a scammer looking for car pictures to use? Newbies always welcome but suspicious minds want to know more.

How about a more detailed introduction? AACA member? 

Just wondering.

Terry

• Like 2

Scammers generally have no issue finding pictures with all the "bots" scanning the wobbly web, not really sure if they bother trying to create individual forum logons and postings to find more..

But, I have noticed lately a uptick in single post one and done postings asking some off the wall and open questions.. So there is most likely a lot of AI probes going on..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ABear said:

Scammers generally have no issue finding pictures with all the "bots" scanning the wobbly web, not really sure if they bother trying to create individual forum logons and postings to find more..

But, I have noticed lately a uptick in single post one and done postings asking some off the wall and open questions.. So there is most likely a lot of AI probes going on..

I have noticed also the "single post one and done" postings asking ridiculous questions lately. What is an AI probe? why?

Usually it is a question that gets everyone stirred up. I assumed they were pranks. 

AI probe = Artificial Intellegence software scraping information from the web for training purposes.

Each time the AI interacts with a person, it learns new behaviors, some good, some bad and without proper context and understanding which should be frightening to people but it doesn't seem to bother people..

The "bottle" has been opened and the "genie" that was inside has left the bottle.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

How about a 1924 Buick?  Runs, drives, stops, everything works and comes with a full set of original tools and spare parts.

24 PU at 07 BCA National.jpg

Neat vehicle Mark! What are you asking and where are you located? 

2 hours ago, ABear said:

interacts with a person, it learns new behaviors, some good, some bad and without proper context and understanding which should be frightening to people but it doesn't seem to bother people..

I remember that happening in 1958 when I first got into the old car hobby. I stayed anyway. I really like cars.

Will the knowledge AI seeks today become the dogma of tomorrow?

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I remember that happening in 1958 when I first got into the old car hobby. I stayed anyway. I really like cars.

Will the knowledge AI seeks today become the dogma of tomorrow?

Knowledge without context and understanding is empty.

Computers are cold, have no feelings, no care and with the current accelerating speed of AI learning it will be a dangerous place for all once it wakes up enough to decide it is superior to humans.

At one time computers were only as smart as the ones that wrote the programs used to run the computer. Now AI is writing its' own code, wonder how faulty that code could be with it's origins coming from faulty man's own hands..

• Like 1

I am new, but am not a scammer. Don't send pics if your not comfortable with it. More detail in what I'm looking for... 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 ton truck from the 30's or 40's.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Looking said:

I am new, but am not a scammer. Don't send pics if your not comfortable with it. More detail in what I'm looking for... 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 ton truck from the 30's or 40's.

First of all, you may want to give your location ( IE State) which might be helpful to others as buying and shipping vehicles across the US or a country can be nearly as expensive as the value of the vehicle making it not worth it.  Pretty specific wish list you have.

There is a place on the forum specifically for buying and selling, lots of folks find vehicles for sale and then will do a "not mine" listing..

You can go there from https://forums.aaca.org/forum/14-automobiles-and-parts-buysell/

and look around..

4 hours ago, ABear said:

Computers are cold, have no feelings, no care and with the current accelerating speed of AI learning it will be a dangerous place for all once it wakes up enough to decide it is superior to humans.

• Like 1

It should not be hard to find a 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 ton truck . They survive in decent numbers. What do you want to use one for ? They are slow by modern standards, ride like a truck, need expensive tires and a big garage. I have had a few. They have a great vibe, but very impractical. Most just seem to end up as advertising vehicles or yard art.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Looking to buy - Chevrolet or International truck between the years of 1935 and 1946.

LOCATION?

PRICE RANGE?

CONTACT INFO?

Did you read the topic rules?

Buy and Sell Rules

Topic:  Put either "FS" for "For Sale" or "WTB" for "Want to Buy" in the topic line along with the year, make and model, etc.

Tags: Please use the tags provided in addition to putting them in the subject.

Description: Please include the following information in the body of your post: Year, Make, Model, Description, Photos - lots of photos! (strongly suggested), Price (strongly suggested), Location (City, State, Country), Contact Information

Posts not following the rules will be deleted without comment.