For Sale: 1922 Hudson Essex Touring - Project - $8,000 - Poulsbo, WA - Not Mine - Minor Price Reduction to $6,500: 7-16-2024.

Posted (edited)

For Sale: 1922 Hudson Essex Touring - Project - $8,000 - Poulsbo, WA - Minor Price Reduction to $6,500: 7-16-2024. See New Link and Photos Below.

1922 Hudson Essex touring. for sale by owner - Hansville, WA - craigslist
Seller's Description:

1922 Hudson Essex touring in original condition, complete with parts. The car is in sound mechanical condition with no rot or rust and was driven to where now parked 7 years ago. The Essex was famous for its speed and reliability in the 1920's making this car more usable today. The car was on an episode of Northern Exposure in the 90's and should be easy to get running after sitting in dry storage. Not a Ford but rather a much more advanced car. It does show some dents and wear least we forget it is 102 years old. $8.000. odometer: 47000.
Copy and paste in your email: 01892728ea7738dd8f609462b092b866@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1922 Hudson Essex Touring - Project.

'22 Hudson Essex touring WA a.jpg

'22 Hudson Essex touring WA b.jpg

'22 Hudson Essex touring WA c.jpg

'22 Hudson Essex touring WA d.jpg

'22 Hudson Essex touring WA e.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
- Minor Price Reduction to $6,500: 7-16-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 8

Generally this era of touring car doesn’t do much for me but I find this car very attractive.  Perhaps the size of the tires/wheels and the proportions of the body makes it look more solid and slightly aggressive?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Looks like a good one. Is it common for these cars not to have bumpers? I have seen a few of these early cars with no bumpers.

Except for a few high end marques (Pierce Arrow began in the early 1910s!), most automobiles bumpers were after-market until about 1925 or later! They became factory optional for a few years for most common cars, and standard equipment in the late 1920s. My 1927 Paige 6-45 sedan has its original factory optional bumper (a Weed product!)! I have an original 1927 salesman's ready reference book, and many magazine ads showed the cars without bumpers still in 1927.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, blauvelt said:

The more I learn, that could be a fun touring car with the right gearing. 

That Essex properly sorted will do 50+ mph all day long again and again and again with factory gears. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Looks like a fair price to me as well. Noticed several fair priced pre war cars for sale recently. If I only had more room.

• Like 1

As an old Hudson guy, who in fact owned and drove an unrestored '22 Essex Coach (2 dr sedan), IMHO this is a great price for a survivor car (appears far better than what I had) and for the uninitiated, the Essex 4 cylinder motors and resultant performance are absolutely top rate for their price class and above.   I.E.  THATS A DEAL.   I'm just getting too old to "do it again".

• Like 3

I never to a chance to discuss cars with my grandfather, but as far as I know, he only had two. The first one was a Regal underslung. the second one was an Essex very similar to this. Based on his first choice, this car must be a good performer. 

• Like 3

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1922 Hudson Essex Touring - Project - $8,000 - Poulsbo, WA - Not Mine - Minor Price Reduction to $6,500: 7-16-2024.