1931 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine $15,900. Abington, Massachusetts

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1931-cadillac-fleetwood-abington-ma-2789196

Negotiable
CONTACT SELLER
Abington, Massachusetts 02351
https://www.orphancargarage.com/

1931 Cadillac Fleetwood Limousine

142451634.jpg

142451617.jpg

142451533.jpg

142451517.jpg

142451536.jpg

142451539.jpg

142451623.jpg

142451632.jpg

SELLER
https://www.orphancargarage.com/
Report this listing

VEHICLE LOCATION
MILEAGE
EXTERIOR
BLACK
TRANSMISSION
Manual
INTERIOR
BLACK
CONDITION
Fair
DESCRIPTION
Introducing ‘Sabrina’, a 1931 Cadillac limousine by Fleetwood. Sabrina was purchased in 1951 by its current family owners. 

She’s what appears to be an amazing survivor, still wearing her original paint and interior. A genuine time capsule. Not a speck of rust to be found, Sabrina has obviously lived a mostly privileged life. Even the original silk window shades are all present and accounted for. 

Last registered in 1974, she was run and moved periodically by the family up until 4 or 5 years ago. A true preservation class masterpiece with a long and interesting New England heritage. The family has requested I find her a new, deserving home. 

Own a piece of American history for just $15,900. She’s obviously need some attention before being road worthy again but a labor of love for sure. We are absolutely open to reasonable offers from the right buyer.  Located in Rhode Island so please reach out to me directly for more information and check out the link below for more pictures. It's just incredible. 

UPDATE! We do now have TWO videos of the car being started and run in November of 2012! 
  • Like 6

Just add unlimited time and money. Like the car………but to make it go down the road……..25k on the light side. 

• Like 3

I sent a link to a good friend……I expect he is the “pending” person. Will fit in his collection with a dozen V-16’s.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, edinmass said:

I sent a link to a good friend……I expect he is the “pending” person. Will fit in his collection with a dozen V-16’s.

If you have a dozen v16s, is your next goal to collect sixteen v12s?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Thank you Ed.

When I saw this add it had me all worked up being this family had owned it since 1951 and it still showed 7300+- miles on the clock. At that point being 20 years old and considering depression years and WW2 you have to wonder the mileage when they got the car and did they get the car from the original family?

It looked as though it had not been hurt to me so I thought tank, vacuum pump, carb, drop the pan, ignition system, pre-pressurize the oil system, install a new battery and give it a whirl.

The add claimed it had been running 12 years ago.

In my opinion it would be a big mistake to restore this car being a reasonable survivor so do the minimum, preserve and enjoy.

This quote in the had me thinking.   "We are absolutely open to reasonable offers from the right buyer."  

You and your buyer helped me stay focused on bigger projects I all ready have !

Hope you can keep us informed as to how it sorts out for your friend, the right buyer for sure, at least compared to me at this point in time.

Thanks again!

Edited by rydersclassics
correction (see edit history)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rydersclassics said:

Thank you Ed.

When I saw this add it had me all worked up being this family had owned it since 1951 and it still showed 7300+- miles on the clock. At that point being 20 years old and considering depression years and WW2 you have to wonder the mileage when they got the car and did they get the car from the original family?

It looked as though it had not been hurt to me so I thought tank, vacuum pump, carb, drop the pan, ignition system, pre-pressurize the oil system, install a new battery and give it a whirl.

The add claimed it had been running 12 years ago.

In my opinion it would be a big mistake to restore this car being a reasonable survivor so do the minimum, preserve and enjoy.

This quote in the had me thinking.   "We are absolutely open to reasonable offers from the right buyer."  

You and your buyer helped me stay focused on bigger projects I all ready have !

Hope you can keep us informed as to how it sorts out for your friend, the right buyer for sure, at least compared to me at this point in time.

Thanks again!

Agree 100%.  Would not have necessarily  cost a fortune to get this car back on the road.  I would have done nothing to it cosmetically.  Of course these things are always a wildcard in terms of what will actually be needed to get it operational.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, cjmarzoli said:

Agree 100%.  Would not have necessarily  cost a fortune to get this car back on the road.  I would have done nothing to it cosmetically.  Of course these things are always a wildcard in terms of what will actually be needed to get it operational.

I like original cars and have no issues with the cosmetics of the car as is.....that said, the cost of getting this car on the road with tires, and reconditioning everything to make it a reliable driver WILL cost a lot of money, especially if you can't do 90 percent of the work yourself. Hell, price carb kits and floats lately? And the pot metal on a 1931 Cadillac could make Bill Gates cry about bills. Still a great car and worth the effort, but the hours required to get it to a reliable driver will stagger most people. 

PS- Amazing the seller priced it at market......and not 40 or 50k. The number was fair and realistic for a basic barn find type car.........very unusual today. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 6

On 5/14/2024 at 11:49 AM, dibarlaw said:

Interesting to see the condition of the original safety glass. A friend has an original 1931 V16 and the glass has degraded in a similar fashion.

It's funny.......you don't see the glass failure on too many of the 8's. Seems the 12's are almost all like this.........and some 16's. Obviously it's all the same glass.....but after 50 years of collecting these cars, I expect to see yellow or cloudy glass on any original 12.