For Sale: 1966 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan, 250 6-cyl. 52K miles - $10,500 - Potsdam, NY - Not Mine

For Sale: 1966 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan, 250 6-cyl. 52K miles - $10,500 - Potsdam, NY

1966 chevy impala for sale by owner - Potsdam, NY - craigslist
Seller's Description:

For sale: 1966 Chevy Impala - 250 inline 6-cylinder. 52,000 miles. Runs and drives very good. Nice interior. Very clean and rust-free car. Have original rims with tires and hub caps also. transmission: automatic.
Copy and paste in your email: ca4da01d4db43edc85bf9374e15ba609@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan.

'66 Chevy Impala NY a.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY b.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY c.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY d.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY e.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY f.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY g.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY h.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY i.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY j.jpg

'66 Chevy Impala NY k.jpg

• Like 7

Basic transportation in 1966.  Condition appears to be remarkable!  My 'dark side' wants to bring it home, put the original wheels on it and drop a 427 into it...  ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DavidinCA said:

Something about the wheels and extra gauges and a 6 seems just wrong to me. 

Minor problems. Ad states seller has the original wheels and covers. Gauges, fuzzy dice, aftermarket radio, mudflaps and red heater hoses are an afternoon's work.

Find a nice set of 1" whitewalls for the original stuff, then sell the Cragars and tires to pay for them. And have a nice ride to enjoy.

2 minutes ago, EmTee said:

drop a 427 into it...  ;)

😬

Well- I suppose that's better than sticking an LS in it!

• Like 1

There were so many different Chevrolet models

in 1966, but only the Impalas and SS's seem to be

preserved.  It's good to see the car--and preserve it--

exactly as it came from the factory.

Think of the mid-century motels it may have stopped at,

or the wife and children at the 1966 shopping center

and grocery store, or maybe at a drive-in movie.

Think of the service it gave to its original owners,

and how glad they might feel to know it's still cared for.

4 hours ago, EmTee said:

My 'dark side' wants to bring it home ... and drop a 427 into it.

In a 4-door ??  You'd be laughed off the street out west even if you were the first one to the next stoplight. 4-door Chevys do have a purpose, though: they are good donor cars!

Edited by Twisted Shifter (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Twisted Shifter said:

In a 4-door ??  You'd be laughed off the street out west even if you were the first one to the next stoplight. 4-door Chevys do have a purpose, though: they are donor cars!

Back in the day dropping a 427 into this would be a huge 1/4 mile friday night crusher. Nobody would expect that in a 4 door. But now even 4 door pick ups with a chip could beat it much like the GTO's of the time.  But we still get the sound and the tire smoke of the time machine that kids today don't understand. Unless it is a hellcat charger or challenger. And they do it with AC   LOL

• Like 1

For the record, if I bought this car it would be to preserve it as-is.  My 'thought experiment' was simply acknowledging how if the appearance was left alone (with stock wheels) this could be the ultimate 'sleeper'.  And to take the ruse one step further, one could build a 496 torque monster and disguise it to appear as a stock 396...  ;)

It’s one of those cars that was everywhere until they just disappeared.  Kind of like a 70s LTD in brown or green or a 70s Cutlass or Regal or an 80s Taurus.  Part of the interest is that they were so ordinary at the time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This Chevy Impala as it sets is an example of the typical family car bought by our parents and grandparents: good, basic transportation, and value for the money for the majority of the population.  As most have been used up and disposed of, hopefully this one will be preserved as it is and not made into something it never was. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1