Interesting car, but another case of not understanding that rare does no mean valuable. 

It does look nice, perhaps Ex- Harrah's? 

Davis was an assembled car, so parts might not be as impossible as otherwise....

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/reno-1922-davis/7727458054.html

I have a 1922 Davis automobile in all original condition.
Goes and stops $50,000 or best offer This car is 100% complete With all of the original Equipment
Please contact for more information I am open to offers or trades of equal value.

email: 7bd1b395e9df3c04ab5f3f4d0a05ef30@sale.craigslist.org

00k0k_bpZe51es1bG_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg1922 Davis 100D0D_kx3nsic12Gl_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg00F0F_6WXqHLaYzqF_0t20CI_600x450.jpg00T0T_gLbDFEc2AYG_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Leif in Calif said:

Davis was an assembled car

Yeah, and those companies never seemed to have or feel the need for a styling department.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AzBob said:

Fenders along with the lack of the typical running board and step plate treatment seems stylish for 1922

I totally agree, a friend has an unrestored car just like this in New England and they are a really neat car with the "bobbed" cycle fenders, and that fabric on the seats is outstanding to see in person. The whole car just "speaks" of the era it was made. Many orphan makes of cars in the 1915 - 30 era do not show up at car shows any longer which is a shame as they are really worth seeing in person to appreciate the time/era that they were made. To many people look at history from today's perspective and put down how "odd" something was then. Well it wasn't odd then but in keeping with the mindset and design of that era. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I love the style and look of this car! Quite a few better known companies offered bobbed fenders with step plates from late brass era into the mid 1920s. Years ago I seriously considered buying a 1926ish Kissel convertible coupe with a rumble seat that the short running boards didn't connect to the front fenders. I often wonder what ever became of that car, I really liked it! Early Jewetts offered that option on their touring cars, and a good friend has a 1921ish Chandler sport touring with the step plates instead of running boards. The same friend also has an originally custom built 1915 Biddle with no doors or running boards and step plates on the side of the body to climb in! THAT car is a whole another lot of WOW factor!

I have over the years seen quite a few cars with the close short front fenders and either no or very short running boards, both open and enclosed body styles.

To me they simply ooze the "Roaring '20s"! 

All that said, I doubt that feature will add more than a couple thousand dollars to an otherwise ten to twelve thousand dollar car. But, who knows? The right person with more money than they know what to do with might be out there somewhere? Seriously though. Not many people with that kind of money want an oddball car like this. Most of those people would rather spend ten times that much for a high end Packard or bottom-feeder Duesenberg.

• Like 2

Thank you Walt G! Nice to know I am not the only seriously crazy one here. 

I see cars like this and inside my head starts playing popular music from the roaring '20s! I just love it. I have extremely eclectic interests in music, listen to almost anything from around the world (except for most heavy metal and rap). 1920s popular and jazz is my very close second to only the great classical music, symphonies, opera, and all that surrounded the music of that genre.

Frankly, if I had more money than I knew what to do with? I would probably be that person out there that would pay the price just because I like it so much!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alsancle said:

The "assembled" thing is a bad moniker.   Although not as bad as "orphan" which applies to about 75% of all collector cars.

The price is stupid, but the car is cool.

True about "assembled". 356 Porsches were largely assembled, and nobody thinks anything about it. 

• Like 1

If the missing trunk was on the car I think it would look a lot better, it came with the trunk rack but I'll guess the trunk was an option. Not a bad looking car for 1922 steel wheels and suicide doors. More photos at