1949 Packard Deluxe 8 - $20,000

Says it was reduced but I was unable to find where we had discussed it before...

(more pics in ad) 

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/arroyo-grande-1949-packard-deluxe/7728759829.html

REDUCED PRICE -From 25K to 20K - 1949 Packard Deluxe 8, 4 door sedan. Car Show Quality, Super clean. This car is in excellent condition with a little over 64670 original miles on it. The interior is amazing and the car drives great. Two Tone, Burgundy and Silver with Tan interior. Serious offers will be considered.

(805) 354-4642

00L0L_lWyGe7lTnm4_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg00F0F_eWYkzQvK4J0_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg00f0f_4sWay79rKse_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg00A0A_i3rJ0I8oZAj_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg00707_fPJab5I56zr_0kE0fu_600x450.jpg00F0F_j8dyygjSk0n_0ww0oo_600x450.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

Would the red lights be an indication of a car used in funeral processions?

No. The official color for a funeral is purple. 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looks like a very comfortable driver in excellent shape.  I'm not sure I like the seats with the "Packard Deluxe" lettering on them, but the interior looks very tasteful and comfortable even though not correct.  Red lights are a mystery -- Fire Chief's car?

Red and blue lights are popular with the low rider crowd.

May also have a siren under the hood.

Can't see the wheels from those shots.

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zepher said:

Can't see the wheels from those shots.

The sun visor may be another indication of it's being a low rider. It doesn't appear to have a great deal of ground clearance either.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zepher said:

Can't see the wheels from those shops.

The red lights could get you pulled over in PA as only authorized emergency vehicles can have red lights displayed.  Given the year of the car it might get overlooked too.  If it was my car they would be the first things to go.

1 hour ago, TerryB said:

The red lights could get you pulled over in PA as only authorized emergency vehicles can have red lights displayed.  Given the year of the car it might get overlooked too.  If it was my car they would be the first things to go.

I thought perhaps they were really a deep amber in person. 

Red lights could be for civil defense markings.  In the 40s and 50s the local town or county civil defense Marshall was a volunteer position similar to volunteer firemen and would be authorized to have flashing red lights like that wired with brake lights on their personal car. Would also have CD triangle decals on front and rear windows. 

Yes, only emergency vehicles are legally allowed to have red or blue lights but that never stopped people from mounting them on their cars.

image.jpeg.3924e5dd82570bcd6cdbf73ecbcf9b0b.jpeg

On 3/22/2024 at 8:39 PM, zepher said:

Can't see the wheels from those shops.

The car is also listed on the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums...

Advert Copy from that forum on Mar 21, 2022 says:

"Absolutely Beautiful Classic Car! 1949 Packard Deluxe Eight 22nd series, large white wall tires, color is Black cherry and silver top, triple plated chrome, new upholstery done to the original look, grey carpet, trunk is finished with spare white wall tire, the motor is original 288 cubic inch with 64500 original miles, runs strong and quiet, does not smoke. This car is a 6 volt positive ground, straight eight, all gauges, clock, radio, lights, blinkers, windows, door locks all work. The block has been flushed and Evans coolant is now in the block. I need to move this car out from my garage because I have a new vehicle coming in. I dropped price from 40K to 30K to move it. This car is mostly original with a few minor upgrades. This car looks like a gangster car, it naturally sits low and has original fender skirts. This car runs great but like all old cars they need TLC all the time, this car holds original history and I hope new owner takes care of it. I can be contacted and I will tell you all the upgrades. 805-280-1944"

Thinking this solves the riddle of the red lights.

• Like 2