Ford Times Cookbook (A TRAVELER'S GUIDE TO GOOD EATING AT HOME AND ON THE ROAD)

ia-k

I had two of the Ford cookbooks.  One was for camp type foods while traveling and featured a 1st Gen Mustang on the cover and the other was for home cooking.  They might have been dealer giveaways or sent to people who got the Ford Times magazine.

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I had a couple of the Ford Times magazines laying around, and my wife picked one up and saw recipes in it from the cookbook. She found a like-new cookbook online and ordered it. Since her dad worked for Ford for almost 40 years, she recognizes many of the recipes as ones that her mom would make.

• Like 4

This sent me searching for Oldsmobile cookbooks, and danged if there aren't some!

The Oldsmobile Girls Club at Lansing headquarters seems to have published several editions. This was the female employees' social and service club.

Found one called "Olds Ala Mode" from 1986. This one looked like a typical fundraiser cookbook that churches, civic clubs, volunteer fire companies etc published. Again, a Lansing office effort, with several names I recognized.

West, I think you have a couple of AA topics here if people will help research them. First, the car company cookbooks, then the customer magazines like Ford Times, Oldsmobile Rocket Circle and others.

• Like 5

As I recall, Ford Times was a monthly magazine for Ford dealers, owners, et al., and there usually was a recipe in each issue for home cooking.    This cookbook would be a compilation of those recipes used in Ford Times magazine from 1967 through 1974.

Craig

• Like 2

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Ford Times Cookbook (A TRAVELER'S GUIDE TO GOOD EATING AT HOME AND ON THE ROAD)

In the sixties, Ford published a series of Lincoln Continental branded cookbooks. They were given away to wives in households who bought Continentals. They show up on Ebay all the time. 

I wonder if any of these Ford cookbooks include recipes for soybeans.  Henry Ford got very interested in soybeans back in the 30s, even using them, somehow, to make plastic that he used in his cars.  

Edited by marcapra (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I found a couple of Chrysler cookbooks on the web, but I don't know if they are associated with the company.  This one was published in 1955.  

chrysler cook.jpg

• Like 1

This one was published in 1963, and was gifted to Lincoln Continental buyer.

image.jpg.62a2965b4fe9cfb356aaa973efde5ec0.jpg

Back cover text signed by Lincoln-Mercury Division executive.

image.jpg

• Like 1