65 on bat

dr914

I wasn't impressed with the car either. Personally, I didn't like the paintwork. The right sail panel had divets in the paint from unfinished sanding and the metallic looked too large to me. All said, hard not to like any 1st gen Riv. 

They removed all the Riviera emblems from the outside of the car........absolutely ridiculous....

This should have devalued the otherwise  fairly stock restoration by thousands of dollars. Also those Rallye

Wheels have the offset of 70's wheels. It seems like in the last few years, half of the 65's for sale have no Riviera emblems on the outside of the car.....ludicrous. If they had kept everything stock they could have gotten a lot more money for the car. I guess it's fortunate that they didn't remove the door handles as well. Holy crap, I just noticed that they removed the radio antenna! And those tailpipes look hideous. Oh, and after looking close ,all the stainless side moldings have been removed as well.....There isn't any law against all of this but I wish that there was.....

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

The odd braces welded under the rocker panels and the pudding slathered along the floor braces would give me pause more than the cosmetics were I a potential bidder.

The adage holds true. Putty and paint make a car what it ain't. 

• Like 2

Wondering if the trim items were deleted as they might have been damaged during removal for paint?

I read through the comments on the GS on the BaT link.  I concur that I'd rather have an original car, with some patina, than a fully-restored car of unknown history.  Less expensive, usually, too.

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, ericisback said:

This car needs to be restored, but a wonderful unmolested example that deserves to be brought up to 

no. 1 condition.  It was originally optioned the same as my car except it has the GS option.....love the

deluxe interior with the crank windows!

• Like 1