For Sale: 1972 Chrysler Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon - $10,500 - Montvale, NJ - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,999. 2-26-2024.

For Sale:  1972 Chrysler Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon - $10,500 - Montvale, NJ - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,999. 2-26-2024. See New Link Below:

1972 chrysler town & country for sale by owner - Park Ridge, NJ - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Remember growing up in one of these huge station wagons? Driving around town and cross country climbing all over the seats? Bring back these memories or make new ones with your kids or grandkids.
John Lennon and Yoko Ono had one like this in green till John died in 81.
It’s not a show car but any means but it’s solid and complete. It needs a new windshield ($345), brake booster rebuilt, a little TLC and good cleaning. The headliner is so so. It’s not sagging but it has stains and holes. Interior is descent but the driver seat has some tears. Car just got 4 new tires ($550).
It’s equipped with a 400 big block, rear facing 3rd seat row, factory roof rack and (very rare) factory dual AC (not working I think). It has the dual action tailgate.  It’s a super cool, rare and solid wagon. Believe it or not, but the original owner had it from 72 till 2023! Clean Texas title. Car is located in Montvale, NJ.
With a little elbow grease, you would have the coolest wagon in town.
Copy and paste in your email:  d98dd62b1216388cb9797f457b9907c1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1972 Chrysler Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon.

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ a.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ b.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ c.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ d.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ e.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ f.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ g.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ h.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ i.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ j.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ k.jpg

'72 Chrysler T & C Wagon NJ l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,999. 2-26-2024. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I would have guessed it weighed more than that.

The 1972 Town & Country was the station wagon version of the New Yorker sedan which was 4,437 itself.    Both ~224" OAL

• Like 1

In late 80s I owned a 1976 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser as a daily driver. A real pavement crusher.

I was trying to turn into a parking lot one day and one of these T&Cs was trying to come out. That turned into a standoff quick. The T&C couldn't back up due to a car behind it wouldn't back up, and the CC couldn't make the turn with the T&C in the lane. 

Imagine this

2170_1.jpgsquaring off with this

images.jpeg.jpg

Clash of the Titans!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Any idea what production car weighed the most?

I understand that Locomobiles weighed 6000 to 6500

pounds.  I've never seen that in their literature, and I

have never weighed mine.  (Mine is from 1916).

I suspect other large cars could have weighed even

more--for example, the Oldsmobile Limited 1910-1912.

Naturally, car designers want their cars strong but light.

That is why the sheet metal on my Locomobile is 

aluminum (with steel fenders), and the big Pierce-Arrow 66

has thick CAST aluminum body panels.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Had a '73 Chrysler T&C woody wagon.  Came into a Calif dealer with 23K miles!  Beautiful car.  With my best tune up on it, it achieved 6.5 mpg.   And I sold it.

Hmmm, surprised I don't have a photo scanned in file to post here.  That was the intent....

• Haha 2

Friends used to call mine an enclosed truck. If it would fit in the cargo area the CC would haul it. Trucks ain't necessarily noted for fuel efficiency, but me Beasty Cruiser did manage to beat 6.5mpg! Granted not by much...

These monsters almost had to have big thirsty engines to move their bulk down the road, moreso if they were spec'd for trailering. Chevrolet put 350s in some of their big 70s wagons and they worked those 350s to death. Pontiac used their 400 and Buick and Oldsmobile powered theirs strictly with 455s.

I would love to find a nice GM Clamshell wagon or even a nice 77-90 box wagon. But, as Dave pointed out, demo derbies took out a whole lot of them.

A demolition derby is something I have never understood.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Buick and Oldsmobile powered theirs strictly with 455s.

1970 Buick Electra 225's with the 455 were noted for getting 20 miles to the gallon on the highway. Mine and two neighbors all did. Around town it was probably around 1/2 that. 1971 was the start of the new lower compression emission approved engines. Horse power and gas milage all went in the tank that year and didn't get better for quite awhile. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This is something to do with perception - everyone thinks, that these '70-s wagons are very long and massive, but in fact, for example, Continental Mark IV, which is, strictly speaking, 2+2 seats 2-door coupe, is even longer - overall lenght with 5mph bumpers is 228 inches.😂

Edited by Andrew_Latvia (see edit history)

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1972 Chrysler Town & Country 4dr Station Wagon - $10,500 - Montvale, NJ - Not Mine - Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,999. 2-26-2024.

Still Available, Major Price Reduction to $7,999. 2-26-2024.

1972 chrysler town and country for sale by owner - Park Ridge, NJ - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Price drop. Lost interest and don’t find the time to work on it either.  Probably the cheapest running Mopar Big Block on CL so no low ball offers please. It’s already priced very fair and I’m taking a big loss.  (Seller added better recent photos, click CL link to view.)
Copy and paste in your email: 24a8ab0a1fa931a8a750f95bd36d52a8@sale.craigslist.org

• Like 2