Copart Auction: 1928 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER Six Model GB 4dr Sedan - Ends 1-22-2024. 10 AM - Ft Wayne, IN - Not Mine

Copart Auction: 1928 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER Six Model GB 4dr Sedan - Ends 1-22-2024. 10 AM - Ft Wayne, IN  - Not Mine

Copart USA - Leader in Online Salvage & Insurance Auto Auctions
Seller's Description:

Lot Number:7971445
VIN: 4050343
Title Code: IL - CERTIFICATE OF TITLE
Odometer:43,822 mi (EXEMPT)
Primary Damage: NORMAL WEAR
Estimated Retail Value: $36,400.00 USD
Color: BURGUNDY
Has Engine?:  Yes
Transmission: MANUAL
Vehicle Type: AUTOMOBILE
Keys:Yes
Highlights: Run and Drive

Copart USA - Leader in Online Salvage & Insurance Auto Auctions

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1928 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER Six Model GB 4dr Sedan.

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN aa.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN b.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN c.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN d.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN a.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN e.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN f.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN g.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN h.jpg

'28 STUDEBAKER COMMANDER IN i.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Leif in Calif said:

I see the reserve is $6,500. Depending on mechanical condition that could be a fair deal...or not. 

I think that’s the current bid.  There is a box that says buy it now for $26k if I’m interpreting the information correctly.

• Thanks 1

Somebody estimated the retail value at over $36,000??? They must have been smoking whatever the rats left inside the upholstery?

The listing is a bit convoluted. The $6500 is the current high bid. It doesn't say what the "reserve" is, just that it hasn't been met.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Copart's estimated retail values are always wildly optimistic regardless of what car is up for auction.   If anyone here signs-in, bids and ends up buying the car, please detail your experiences for those who might decide to do so in the future.

• Like 2

Seems like an odd car to be in a copart auction. I thought they were a clearing house for insurance companies. Wrecked cars, flooded, etc. At first I thought someone might get a good deal. I think at 11,500 you are already in the 'whoa, hold on for your life' money. 6500 sounded pretty good for this vehicle at that auction.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Seems like an odd car to be in a copart auction. I thought they were a clearing house for insurance companies. Wrecked cars, flooded, etc. At first I thought someone might get a good deal. I think at 11,500 you are already in the 'whoa, hold on for your life' money. 6500 sounded pretty good for this vehicle at that auction.

Copart, since they have the auction clearing house, appears to take collector cars on consignment to auction just as an adjunct to their main business.  Not much additional expense to list a car, they have large holding lots for those that don't need inside storage while listed which they likely also charge for if inside storage is part of the consignment contract.  If it sells. they take their auction fees.  If not. they try again. profit from them either way.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 5:53 AM, 58L-Y8 said:

Copart's estimated retail values are always wildly optimistic regardless of what car is up for auction.   If anyone here signs-in, bids and ends up buying the car, please detail your experiences for those who might decide to do so in the future.

I signed up for a Copart gold/premium membership. Thought it would be a good option to purchase donor cars for their drivetrain and suspension parts. I would look for a donor car for all of my personal projects. When you compared the sales prices with added on fees. It made more sense to just purchase a used car from a private seller. The lower, and most common purchase prices of cars. Carry the larger total  of fees. I never bought anything from them. I know you can get good buys out of there. If you are rebuilding the car, or you have a salvage type business. Great way for a person to get a nice newer car, do the work yourself, and have reliable transportation. Title will be salvage, affecting resale down the road. And you better know what you are looking at, so you don’t buy a car with to much damage. Don’t blame them for wanting to make a profit, just did not make sense for me and the scope of my business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1