For Sale: 1929 Buick Series 129 2dr 5-passenger Coupe - Project - $5,200 - Oakdale, CT - Not Mine

For Sale: 1929 Buick Series 129 2dr 5-passenger Coupe - Project - $5,200 - Oakdale, CT

1929 Buick 2 door Coupe for sale by owner - Oakdale, CT - craigslist
Seller's Description:

Rare 1929 Buick Coupe for Sale – Unrestored. This car has been in dry storage, in Connecticut for approx. 45 years. The car is 98.5% complete, the car is solid, and with very limited rust and no rot or rust through.

The upper body is wood frame and is sound, one minor upper corner joint that has been mended. The cars steel framed chassis also solid and is free rolling on original steel rims. The engine has not been run or tested since it has been in storage. However, the front crank will turn the engine, so it appears free. The older no detergent oil tends to keep many parts pretty clean and deters rusting. The Transmission is free and working. Original mohair interior not too bad. see pic.

Wood spoke wheels are sound and one is completely restored. Original Aluminum Hubcaps are clean and is excellent condition. Newer set of Coker tires, whitewalls, cost $900. in 1987.  Some parts have been removed and are bagged. Pictures show condition when stored.

The car is a Connecticut car and so Connecticut does not issue Titles for antique cars over 20 years old. Per Ct State Law, Title 14, Section 14-166See DMV web site listed below for more specific info. A H-115 and DMV Q-1 form Bill of Sale allows for transfer / conveyance. https://portal.ct.gov/dmv/-/media/DMV/titleletterpdf.pdf

The sale is up for 8 days only, due to loss of storage facility. The sale is As Is, as described herein, and the buyer must arrange for a car transport or heavy-duty car trailer for removal within 24 days of the end of this listing / auction. A $1000. deposit is required to hold the car. A 5-day viewing window is available for the high bidder(s) at the end of the 8-day period, if desired. Full payment must be received at the end of the 5 day viewing period, and the car must be removed within the 24-day removal period, or the buyers $1000 deposit will be forfeited, and next buyer will be contacted.

The Buy it Now price is set at $5,200. I also have this car listed on EBAY, with initial auction price starts at $3,500. Serious buyers only need bid. This Car needs full restoration. The Auction includes Best Offer option, all offers must include the full name, address, state and phone #. I will retain the top 5 best Offers, and if #1 falls thru, it will drop to #2, and so on. EBAY listing # 116028464144. Added when updated.

Winning bidder must submit a $1000. deposit at purchase via PAYPAL or direct deposit or cash, with the balance due via cash, certified check or wire transfer at pick, or as agreed to in advance by the seller (me).

Due to storage facility lock down, the car cannot be viewed until after the 8-day listing date. Buyer has a 5-day window to view vehicle if desired. If the car is not as described herein, the buyer has the option to refuse purchase and the second highest bidder will be contacted. The $1000 deposit is refundable upon refusal within the 5-day viewing window only. Contact seller for arrangements to view, if needed.

All available pictures are listed,
Feel free to reach back for questions. I will try to be available to reply or answer by email or cell.
Repeat of Terms-

The Winning buyer must submit $1000.00 deposit immediately (within 24 hours) to seller via PayPal, cash or wire transfer to retain car. The deposit is refundable within the 5-day viewing window, at end of auction. Only the top 5 bidders will be contacted to view the car. Winning Buyer must pay in full and remove vehicle within 24 days. If not paid and removed the full $1000 deposit is forfeited. Second highest bidder will be allowed to purchase and remove the car. A CT State Bill of Sale will be provided at full payment, see notes regarding Ct law for antique car titles (reminder - no CT title is available for this car, (state law) it has not been registered in over 45 years). This is not a scam. Check my EBAY reputation – I am an Upfront Seller- I have no need to take advantage of anyone. This vehicle is a rare find for the right person.

Extras.
The Buy It Now price includes all extra parts as follows.
Full second set of wood spoked wheels (4)
Extra Marvel carburetor (1)
All Buick Manuals (3) with parts descriptions, and 1929 Brake repair manual. (pic)
Extra front bumper (1)
Extra Water pump (1)
Extra Radiator cap (1) (pic)
Extra Door handle (1)
Extra re-chromed Radiator shell (1)

High Bidder#1; _______
High Bidder #2:_________
High Bidder #3;_________
Copy and paste in your email: 082bacdd442a365a864025211c90c6b9@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1929 Buick Series 129 2dr 5-passenger Coupe.
The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1805-1942, edited by B. R. Kimes and H. A. Clark states 734 1929 Buick Series 129 2dr 5-passenger Coupes, Body Model No. 29-58 built.   

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT a.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT b.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT ba.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT c.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT d.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT e.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT f.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT g.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT i.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT h.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT j.jpg

'29 Buick 2 door Coupe CT k.jpg

No one will care how much the “new” tires cost in 1987!  They are way too old to use safely.  Why is the storage facility on lock down?  I think Covid is winding down, no?  Too many terms!  The seller should be an attorney for the DMV!

• Like 3

I corresponded with the seller and wanted to see the car. He is waiting until his eBay auction ends to show it to anyone. Also, those pics are old. No telling what kind of condition it is in now. I agree those “new” tires are worthless. In fact it will cost you to get rid of them after you are done using them to roll it around during the restoration.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 63RedBrier said:

No one will care how much the “new” tires cost in 1987!  They are way too old to use safely.  Why is the storage facility on lock down?  I think Covid is winding down, no?  Too many terms!  The seller should be an attorney for the DMV!

Or an attorney for an estate.  - " This car has been in dry storage, in Connecticut for approx. 45 years."

Estates need to be closed out and property & assets sold/dispersed.

2 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

The little girl is likely married with her own kids now...

😂 Yes, those photos are THAT old.

I suspect time has not been kind to the Buick, despite the “dry storage.” Also that top wood doesn’t look great to me - and I don’t think it healed itself in the past 30+ years. 

And yet, I’m still interested in the car. 🤪

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gearheadengineer said:

😂 Yes, those photos are THAT old.

I suspect time has not been kind to the Buick, despite the “dry storage.” Also that top wood doesn’t look great to me - and I don’t think it healed itself in the past 30+ years. 

And yet, I’m still interested in the car. 🤪

My post was a bit humorous but I also hope they eventually  understand a big dollar, distance buy via ebay is unlikely. 

If a serious local buyer wants to look and maybe make a fair offer that seems best all around.  A lot of work but worse have been saved.  Great body style IMO.

If you  do end up getting it we will have an interesting project thread to follow!! 😊

• Like 1

Not only are the "new" tires worthless, they don't even go with THIS car!  Tires aren't even shown but label is for H78-15 tubeless tires.  That's a 1960's-70's "modern" tire size.  Will not fit this Buick which has far narrower tires on, I believe, 19" wheels with tubes.

• Like 1

"Pictures show condition when stored". That's like using your high school picture on a dating app! 

Could lead to disappointment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5