Packard Museum Dayton Pics

TerryB

My son, a young automotive mechanical design engineer who works for a company in California that makes automobiles that don’t require gasoline, was in Ohio recently for a friend’s wedding in Dayton.  While there he toured the Packard museum and sent me pics of some of his favorite cars in the display. Since we all like pictures I would like to share them with you.  I have never been to this museum so I found the display to be quite fascinating.  There are lots of pics and here are a few of them.

6C01775F-9C80-4A12-BF96-8E9DECCB60A3.jpeg

11EC5153-2DE8-4C1E-B596-23BA0D86FE7C.jpeg

1DF85105-2DA8-4A89-B90F-C9E80CF9A66C.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

One of my son’s comments to me was he never realized how physically BIG the early Packard automobiles were.  The 1952 Pinin Farina was one he really admired from the design and the work required to complete it.

• Like 4

Ran across this museum about 10 years ago when we were passing through on vacation. The door was open so I walked in and someone came out and told me they were closed but feel free to look around. They eventually gave me the whole tour including areas not normally open to the public. Great little museum.