Burnt 1955 Buick

Mudbone

Yes, I bought another 1955 Buick 66R. This car was totaled from a fire. If you know who originally owned this car, PLEASE keep it private. This is all about the car and what can be saved. (The wire wheels were directly purchased by a friend of mine for his 56 Roadmaster) This is the first video of a series that I will post on Fridays and Tuesdays. (The seat springs and headlight buckets are sold) Enjoy!

Edited by Mudbone (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Sad story I must say. I am a 55 Century owner myself. However, if parting it out, did the car have power windows? I could need the window mechanism (motor is not important) for the drivers door for my 66C project. Thanks from Norway

2 hours ago, KNUT said:

Sad story I must say. I am a 55 Century owner myself. However, if parting it out, did the car have power windows? I could need the window mechanism (motor is not important) for the drivers door for my 66C project. Thanks from Norway

Sorry, this car did not have any power windows, seat, brakes or steering.

Why isn't this Buick going to be restored ?
We can see that this car was in superb condition (the frame is very clean, it is new, and everything else too).
There is the interior to redo, the electrical harnesses, and the engine compartment. It's not a big job and this car can be driven again.
It's a shame to sell the parts, instead of saving them.

Edited by sebastienbuick (see edit history)

7 hours ago, sebastienbuick said:

Why isn't this Buick going to be restored ?
We can see that this car was in superb condition (the frame is very clean, it is new, and everything else too).
There is the interior to redo, the electrical harnesses, and the engine compartment. It's not a big job and this car can be driven again.
It's a shame to sell the parts, instead of saving them.

No title, the roof is warped. You would need another complete car as a parts car to restore it. It is for sale without all the shiny stuff.

8 minutes ago, billbuickgs said:

What is the story on the engine and trans , the rear looks OK 

Bill

I was told the car had only 13,000 miles on it when it was restored back in 1992. (The engine was not rebuilt) There was some water in a few cylinders but when I did a scope it did not look too bad. I put Marvel Mystery oil in and it turns easy by hand. It turns over with the starter.  I did a compression test today but I have to look at the numbers.

• Like 3

What was the final decision on the engine mounts?  I am in the process of removing the engine on mine and have noted that if it has power steering the LH exhaust manifold must be remove (only drops out the bottom) and if it has factory air the RH exhaust manifold must be removed.  What are you using for lighting?  All of my newer led lights glare in direct light but the shadows are no vision ( and all the cordless ones die when needed the most).  My old 'drop lights' with incandescent bulbs seemed better, but both the lights and bulbs are hard to find.

2 hours ago, old-tank said:

What was the final decision on the engine mounts?  I am in the process of removing the engine on mine and have noted that if it has power steering the LH exhaust manifold must be remove (only drops out the bottom) and if it has factory air the RH exhaust manifold must be removed.  What are you using for lighting?  All of my newer led lights glare in direct light but the shadows are no vision ( and all the cordless ones die when needed the most).  My old 'drop lights' with incandescent bulbs seemed better, but both the lights and bulbs are hard to find.

I supported the trans, and I lifted it up and it just separated. (It may not go in that way) I have cheap LED light that looks like a florescent but is not. They blind me most of the time……