Important 2023 Hershey Reminders

Peter Gariepy

Important 2023 Hershey Reminders
Show will run Tuesday, October 3 through Friday, October 6
Flea Market set-up will be Monday, October 2
Judging School will be Thursday, October 5, at 2 p.m.
Judges Breakfast will be Friday, October 6, at 7 a.m.
CAR SHOW IS ON
Fri, Oct 6
NOT SATURDAY!
S.gif

Come Visit AACA National at the Hershey Show

AACA merchandise will be at these locations in the flea market:

Chocolate Field in our blue trailer – C3H 5-7, C3I 5-7 (Tuesday - Friday)

Green Field in front of the Giant Center in a large white tent (Tuesday - Thursday)

Note: Official Hershey poster artist David Snyder will be at the blue trailer location 

selling and autographing posters Tuesday – Thursday from 9 a.m.-4 p.m..

AACA merchandise will be adjacent to the show field

in a large white tent on FRIDAY during the car show.

Note: Official Hershey poster artist David Snyder will be selling and autographing posters in a tent adjacent to the show field during the car show.

AACA membership will be at these locations in the flea market:

Chocolate Field in front of our blue trailer – C3H 5-7, C3I 5-7 (Tuesday - Friday)

Chocolate Field C3G 5-9 (Tuesday - Thursday)

(Reps from our NEW Element3 Health Medicare 

Advantage program will be onsite as well)

Green Field in front of the Giant Center in a large white tent (Tuesday - Thursday)

AACA membership will be adjacent to the show field on FRIDAY during the car show.

New memberships and membership renewals 

will be taken at all of these locations all week.

AACA Headquarters building, including the AACA Library,

will be open to the public Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Don’t forget about the Library yard sale on 

Tuesday from 4-7 p.m. behind AACA Headquarters!

S.gif

Come Say Hello to Your National Board of Directors at Hershey

I went to the US in 1990's and wanted to try this, but couldn't find any. Was more popular than Coke back in the day. 

Thought it was a plain Cola, but apparently something like a cross of Root Beer/ Sarsaparilla/ Cough Mixture and similar stuff. 

Don't know if I am brave enough nowadays.

We all have our preferences, Moxie is an acquired taste now since we are so used to the blur of somewhat similar taste that all the other soft drinks have because they try to imitate each other ( they are all after the $ame $ale$ market) , for decades it was either Coke or Pepsi now it is a whole variety of popular names/brands . Everyone has their own choice , favors one over another or can pick out something they don't like to prove to all that what they like is best. Same as it is for the choice of having an old car. Loyalty to a brand  influenced by popularity generated by advertising .

Yes, Moxie has an acquired taste and according to a friend who is age 90+ in Vt. doesn't have the "kick" it did pre WWII era .  Possibly many who live west of Pa. may never have had any. I like it - try to buy enough each year when attending Hershey - have it brought in by friends.  Have a sip when doing research and writing......................

• Like 3

I always thought of Moxie as old fashioned soft drink that is still around but not readily available. It has an unusual taste (to me it's just bad!) Most people I've talked to don't care for it. My father really liked it and enjoyed drinking it. Some beer distributors in Lebanon, PA used to sell it but I don't know if it's still available. There's a drive-in type restaurant east of Hershey in Brickerville,PA near routes 322 & 501 called the Pretzel Hut that offers it with all the other drinks on their menu. While some folks like it, it's definitely not for everyone. Ugh! 

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks,

Yes, Walt. It doesn't have the old kick.

We experiment from time to time and agree that the ingredient that the Feds made them take out changed the traditional taste.

The best that we have done to correct this is to add a shot of Jagermeister to each serving.

Please let us know if you agree that with that.

Bill B.

IMG_3363[1].JPG

• Like 3

On 9/29/2023 at 8:14 PM, 46 woodie said:

One of the Moxie 'Horsecars" was at HERSHEY a few years back. It was displayed in front of the Giant Center.

One of our late local members, Wil Markey, was an

interesting man.  He was able and spry even in his

70's.  Among other things, he authentically recreated

a "Moxie Horse" vehicle, pictured below.

I recall it at Hershey, and that is the one you probably saw.

Here it is, with him at the wheel (in the saddle)  at our local

AACA car show in 2009:

Latimore-show0115.JPG

Latimore-show0117.JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2023 at 3:17 AM, gossp said:

Drinking a really bad soda, would be more fun sitting on a horse with a steering wheel. 

Actually, if you ever had Ferrara-Pan Boston Baked Beans candy, Moxie tastes like the candy coating, but as a beverage with carbonation.

Whenever my wife and I go to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, I always buy a couple of bottles of Moxie.

However, I think sitting high atop that horse-with-a-steering-wheel on a Cadillac chassis would be better than drinking Moxie!

Edited by Hamtramck Stan
Better closing. (see edit history)
  • Like 1