help me!!!!!

dr914

5 hours ago, dr914 said:

another butchery

In the early 90s I called for a wrecker to haul away a parts car I had stripped, except for the front bumper. Where am I going to keep all my parts? My thinking.

The first thing the Operator did was to latch onto the GOOD Bumper and mangled it before my eyes. When I mentioned it, he replied: "where there's one there's more".

This one (in the image) is about to get mangled.

14 hours ago, JohnS25 said:

Looks like it’s some kind of race car. Would like to see a side shot of it 

It may "identify" itself as a race car.

Could be built by the Johari Racing Team.

Seeing it being pulled up onto a trailer, my first thought was they were doing a Craigslist or Marketplace sales picture shoot. Isn't a trailer shot required to sell there?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

It may "identify" itself as a race car.

Could be built by the Johari Racing Team.

Seeing it being pulled up onto a trailer, my first thought was they were doing a Craigslist or Marketplace sales picture shoot. Isn't a trailer shot required to sell there?

looking at the picture, I see window braces for the

Lexan  windshield , aluminum dashboard and a roll cage. My guess is some sort of oval track car. They have a group of guys that race cars like that here in NC. They use old NASCAR chassis and usually old stripped out shells of cars. I gave away a rusty and stripped 57 Chevy body to a guy that builds cars for that racing series.

Edited by JohnS25 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnS25 said:

hey use old NASCAR chassis and usually old stripped out shells of cars.

That brings back memories of dirty days in Perry, NY. At 13 seconds you see the shell of a new Toronado. It shows up a few more times in the video. We new it was on a RWD chassis, but it was a new car. Dated May, 1966. I went into the Navy in April. I missed that race but I saw the car a couple of times. Seems like a Teague drove it but not the famous one.

Left those races with a dirty car, dirty hair, dirty teeth; almost like working in a foundry for the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...