Dollie Flechler, AACA National Chairman Judges Administration

61polara

I received an email this morning from John, Dollie's husband that Dollie passed away yesterday unexpectedly.  Dollie headed the team responsible for reviewing judging forms and entering scores into the database for all of our AACA Nationals.  She has been a wonderful person to work with over the years that she held this position.  She will be greatly missed.  Thoughts and prayers to her husband and family.

Shocking news! Her team and all of us are saddened. She was so highly regarded among her team and everyone involved with judging. We were last together at the AGN in Iowa and really looking forward to Hershey. She will be.missed.. Prayers for John and family.

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)

Dollie was a tireless, dedicated, and extremely thorough volunteer, meticulous in overseeing the many details involved in authenticating and recording AACA judging details, and also in the maintenance of records pertaining to the judges themselves. My wife Dale, also a Senior Master Judge, worked side-by-side with Dollie for many years. We both have the utmost respect, and appreciate her dedication - as well as for the ongoing support of her husband John. None of us does these volunteer jobs alone - it is a family dedication, as well as notable personal expense which few members realize. I cannot tell you how many times Dollie, Dale, and dozens of others were out in the cold, in the heat, at times braving North Dakota wind, Alabama rain, dust, etc, as early as 6:00 AM, lugging tables, computers, printers, making last-minute changes when someone changes cars at the last moment, or has a vehicle in the wrong judging class, driving tens of thousands of miles without compensation - ensuring that our members, and their show vehicles are properly recognized.

Prayers both for Dollie and for John.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, MCHinson said:

She will be missed. She was a nice lady and a dedicated volunteer for AACA. 

Thanks for emphasis on how much our volunteers contribute. I think few here realize what's involved. Dollie and John have been to nearly every one of our National meets for years, all without compensation. with Hershy coming up, its a perfect opportunity to thank them all in person. From the judges to the admin, even the folks out helping park cars, they all deserve your appreciation.

Terry

• Like 8

• 1 month later...