Horn bar

arnulfo de l.a.

Noticed a crack starting to develop at the corner where the bar meets the hub. Typical location where they break. I see why these break there . Not much material there . Too thin.

I re enforced it with fiberglass and resin. Feels much stronger. Hoping it keeps it from breaking. Living in beautiful Los Angeles California a working horn is a must

IMG_0539.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

• Like 1

If possible, drill a small hole at the end of that crack.

If fiberglass is set on chrome, it will probably fall out as a molded slug. Good attempt though!

Gene's Horn Bar will be a 1-shot deal - Done!

I wish Gene had repro Wood Steering Wheels too😆

I gave my 60s 3-Spoke GM simulated wood wheel and NOS Hub to a friend. It would be correct for his Skylark.

I've seen many '63 Riviera's with the wood wheel but I think it was too early to have option O4.

So, hoping to stumble upon the next option on the list, #O7 4-Note Horn!

Edited by XframeFX (see edit history)

I bought one of Gene's horn bars several years ago and it has worked extremely well. 

No way are you gonna break his horn bar.  It is SOLID!  You can honk your horn with confidence and never worry about half the horn bar falling at your feet one day.

Note that Gene's bar is lacking the relief near the hub that is cast into the pot metal OEM horn bar, something that isn't noticeable unless you look really carefully.

Just my 3 cents (incl. inflation). 

10 hours ago, XframeFX said:

If possible, drill a small hole at the end of that crack.

If fiberglass is set on chrome, it will probably fall out as a molded slug. Good attempt though!

Gene's Horn Bar will be a 1-shot deal - Done!

I wish Gene had repro Wood Steering Wheels too😆

I gave my 60s 3-Spoke GM simulated wood wheel and NOS Hub to a friend. It would be correct for his Skylark.

I've seen many '63 Riviera's with the wood wheel but I think it was too early to have option O4.

So, hoping to stumble upon the next option on the list, #O7 4-Note Horn!

John,

I have a restored set of '63 4 notes which I planned to list this Fall. Send me a PM if interested.

Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The stainless  steel horn bar I had made by a fabricator I conduct business with on a regular basis. The horn bar was made in Maryland. The TIG welds are neat and nicely done. The edges can be chamfered at customers request. The horn bar can be chrome plated as well for $150.00 additional.