Stewart Warner vacuum tank display

Dj59

My dad just picked this up. Assuming it is some type of display/demo for Stewart Warner. I know it’s a long shot but any factual info would be awesome! We completely plan on putting on a backboard and using it as a working display.

CF704867-5F1E-40E8-9057-C9E7B4414C10.jpeg

6DA15C95-44F1-42F6-8544-A1AC4AC22DB6.jpeg

3F2B49A5-4699-4620-B72D-4F72903D44C6.jpeg

371586C8-DF3F-4929-B87E-38E7818546F5.jpeg

• Like 11

Really interesting! I have never seen anything like it. However I really like having and driving cars that used the Stewart vacuum tank. They are a wonderful piece of automotive history that solved fuel tank location problems for many years until materials technology eventually made the mechanical diaphragm fuel pump practical and reliable.

• Like 3

Every year at Hershey, Bill Gray demonstrates the workings of Vacuum Tank at the WOKR Booth (red field)

His  functioning display makes it easy to understand how the vacuum tank works and why.

He'll be there in a few weeks to show it off again.

Bill

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, wmsue said:

Every year at Hershey, Bill Gray demonstrates the workings of Vacuum Tank at the WOKR Booth (red field)

His  functioning display makes it easy to understand how the vacuum tank works and why.

He'll be there in a few weeks to show it off again.

Bill

Don't remember seeing  that.Great.

It may also be a diagnostic tool for the working part of the system. You could easily see if the float, over center spring, valve mechanism and flapper valve are functioning correctly.

On 8/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, wmsue said:

I have seen this at Hershey as the WOKR group are about a 3 minute walk east   from my own spaces there up in the very NE section of the flea market. Great to see this and the WOKR guys are super cool people ( be it 80 degrees there or freezing weather ! 🙂) Thanks Bill for mentioning that

WG