For Sale: 1972 AMC Matador 2dr Hardtop - $5,500 - Pleasant Prairie, WI - Not Mine

For Sale: 1972 AMC Matador 2dr Hardtop - $5,500 - Pleasant Prairie, WI

1972 Matador - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Motor rebuilt.  1972 Matador for more information please text to (click show info) $5,500 obo.
Copy and paste in your email: 12b91553fbd733e3b02d24e9d97b9770@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1972 AMC Matador 2dr Hardtop.

'72 Matador MN a.jpg

'72 Matador MN b.jpg

'72 Matador MN c.jpg

'72 Matador MN d.jpg

'72 Matador MN e.jpg

• Like 4

The fancy wheels, air cleaner and steering wheel will make it go faster. I'd be all in at a little north of half the ask because I'm sure there are lots of little things that will need sorted.

5 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I cringe when I see 70's soccer mom cars dressed up as hot rods.

Agreed, but…

In the late ‘70s and early ‘80s this was pretty common because those mom cars were handed down to the newly minted 16 year old drivers. And we needed something to indicate that it wasn’t a mom car anymore. 

• Like 2

Very true. I grew up in the 70's (well me being a grown up is debatable) and remember some of the cars in our neighborhood. Most were cars like this. One lady had a 72 Charger. It was def. a Mom mom car. Every time I see one now, turned into some kind of street beast I think of it.

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, KRZYGMA said:

Looking for the owner of this vehicle to please message me..

KRZYGMA:

The For Sale - Not Mine forum is where those of us who search other on-line sites for interesting old car repost the photos and information supplied by the seller.  In the cases were the sellers list their phone number, its possible contact the seller after the original on-line listing is gone.  Unfortunately with the Craigslist email response system, when the listing is gone, so is the ability to contact the seller if no photo number was supplied, as is the situation here. 
You might continue to check the Cars & Trucks listing for the area where this car was posted on the chance the seller might relist the car for sale.  Good luck with your pursuit of the car of your dreams.
Steve

• Like 1