JERRY HOINES auction Alberta Canada.....huge heaping pile of cars parts,pedal cars......ends 15th ,Duesenberg chassis ?

arcticbuicks

• arcticbuicks changed the title to JERRY HOINES auction Alberta Canada.....huge heaping pile of cars parts,pedal cars......ends 15th ,Duesenberg chassis ?

i just googled his name and it shows the auction........i think liveauctionworld.com............its amazing how few people know of Canada places haha

icollector.com is another to see auction

I viewed the place and listings tonite online,and interested zooming in on all the pics.........then i thought ........I should pray tonite that i never end up like that guys place.

Edited by arcticbuicks (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

...will they kick in the Brooklyn Bridge with lot #225? The front fenders look a bit like '33 Chevrolet (although the leading stamped ridge is not as thick) but with mid '20s artillery wheels. Can't they just bend down and read a wheel cap? Anyone else have a guess?

• Haha 1

My Gawd!     Just the cost of labor involved in sorting this mess into auction lots probably far exceeds any profit the auction house could realize. The estate may have been better off selling everything to a scrap metal dealer who would clear the land be done with it.

NO RESERVE Collection of vintage 1930 -1940 hoods and doors

NO RESERVE Vintage trailer includes 3 engines

Last time I checked, Canada was north of me, don’t know for sure since GPS became so popular.  
Yes, heck of a collection of stuff.  I always wonder why these people didn’t sell the stuff when they were alive.

i can think of probably think of 10 places like this ........due to remote rural areas with bush and trees,they do exist,and stay out of view and from zoning by law enforcing cleanup away from towns or city......to be there in person and to know what too look for can be great deals........the last similar auction i went to......i got several gas double  bowsers.......complete with globes etc ...........another one i went to was a old packard dealership with NOS parts in buildings,and another was a prior Chevy dealership back to 1917 that descended into a local small town repair shop and junkyard .....with forgotten attic parts dept where i bought all the NOS parts ........for a total of about $45....[$2 a box lol } all i have yet to go through stored safe and dry.

Very interesting auction full of neat stuff.......maybe the owner of the business passed away and now everything has to be gone ASAP. Many times auction lots are arranged by relatives or auction workers with little to no automotive knowledge that do the best they can in the short amount of time they have available. Similar items are often piled together and sold in lots. Other groups like shed contents, hubcap piles, windshields, collections of fenders and piles of chrome trim that might not have been touched for 20 years are left as-is, where-is to be sold quickly without sorting. Some individual pieces are identified and have price tags so those box lots might have been taken out to swap meets sometime in the past. Whatever the story is here it appears everything will get sold and be hauled away to a new home. 

yes the owner died.......he was well know in the west and collected from all over the western prairies.......the auction was to be in April but delayed i think to the volume to sort etc.......there are interesting treasures for sure among the junk.......a lot will go for crusher i am sure with cheap prices......

1 hour ago, arcticbuicks said:

i can think of probably think of 10 places like this ........due to remote rural areas with bush and trees,they do exist,and stay out of view and from zoning by law enforcing cleanup away from towns or city......

No doubt, the owners of these "10 other places" will attend the auction in force, buy as much as they possibly can and remove it to their respective yards so that in a few years another similar dispersal will occur. The cycle will persist until all of Canada is urbanized and zoning people and Karens populate the great northern landscape.

84,700+ Junk Car Parts Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock

• Like 1

i was thinking ......if there is interest on here......i could go on a 2 day drive to all the places i know of with hundreds of cars each.......and photograph.....i think i could show over 1000 cars in two days,sitting inside and outside, field cars etc ........back to the teens

• Like 4

11 hours ago, prewarnut said:

...will they kick in the Brooklyn Bridge with lot #225? The front fenders look a bit like '33 Chevrolet (although the leading stamped ridge is not as thick) but with mid '20s artillery wheels. Can't they just bend down and read a wheel cap? Anyone else have a guess?

The place is about 60 miles west of me. I stopped in once for a wander years ago.

A couple friends were out there recently helping the auctioneer identify various lots for the listings. These two are known pranksters... wouldn't have put it past them to spot "DB" on the hubcaps of Lot 225 and pronounce it to be Duesenberg, just for the the fun of it.

• Like 1