1924 Oldsmobile Roadster $4,500

not mine.  One picture and not much to go by, but there is enough to make the mind wonder......

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/971500564134060/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

4 door roadster. Does not have a top. I haven’t had this running in several years but when I was driving it, it did run good.

image.jpeg.5a71ea4169dcd045529ee8c50a4a0a56.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Especially if it ran good when it was running... seriously a very realistic price for what it is, someone should grab it...

This kind of stirred my interest (The kind of interest in trying to talk a buddy into buying it )...but I was a little bit surprised when I looked up in the database that these cars had 110 inch wheelbase at 169 in.³ six.

I thought these years of Oldsmobiles were larger cars and even thought they might’ve had an eight cylinder engine. Still an interesting car and I hope somebody who loves it could grab it.

• Like 1

From my teen years well into marriage I had custody of my grandmother's garage.  Last car to occupy it was a 39 Chevy sedan I was the third owner of.  Ran well but had a rusty gas tank and when I sold it (had to, house was being sold) it wouldn't start.  Well, I told buyer it would run fine once you cleared gas line.  I reallize today how that sounds.  He did reach out later "what you said was right"  😯😁 - so I guess we are conditioned to expect lies when it comes to some aspects of the old car game...

Incidently, 2nd time this month to recount a story around that car.  Look under Auburnseekers Hudson truck thread on how my buyer moved it on back to NYC. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, John Bloom said:

This kind of stirred my interest (The kind of interest in trying to talk a buddy into buying it )...but I was a little bit surprised when I looked up in the database that these cars had 110 inch wheelbase at 169 in.³ six.

I thought these years of Oldsmobiles were larger cars and even thought they might’ve had an eight cylinder engine. Still an interesting car and I hope somebody who loves it could grab it.

John:

What Alfred Sloan found in the wake of the final departure of Billy Durant from GM was a multiplicity of overlapping price and size cars across their nameplates and models.  To begin sorting out the mess, models like the Oldsmobile V8's were run out until the inventories could be largely exhausted.   What emerged was their basic six-cylinder Model 30-B occupying the price slot just below Buick as the Sloan Ladder "A Car for Every Purse and Purpose" nameplate/price structure was developed.  The last of the four-cylinder Buicks would end with the 1924 model as it vacated the Oldsmobile's price segment.  Oakland was about to get its companion car Pontiac to help it develop volume in the lower-medium-priced segment just below Oldsmobile but above Chevrolet.   

Steve

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Buick35 said:

I can't access facebook,can somebody tell me where it's located and where to contact the owner?Thanks

Add says Marlette MI

but I don’t do Facebook so I can’t get contact information 

• 8 months later...

John Bloom, please email me, gary@glgmarketing.com.  I have just found the '24 Oldsmobile that you posted in July last year.  This may be the first car that I bought.  I found it near Spirit Lake, Idaho in the fall of 1953 and the owner decided to sell it to me in the spring of 1954, I was 14 years old.  I've been searching for it for about 10-years.  I now live in VA but I'm originally from Idaho.  Hopefully you receive this.  Thank you, Gary L. Green

• Like 3