1930 Ford Model A 2dr.

RustyTinman

I would like to introduce my my new addition to the garage .Because it is not a Pontiac I know it will be a great learning experience.  Thanks Dave.of Dave's Nationwide Classic Relocation. 

Screenshot_20230626_162033_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230626_162028_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230626_161816_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230626_162016_Facebook.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Re the transmission, the trans is automatic. When you move the lever on the floor the transmission changes gears automatically 

Nice!  Must also have Armstrong power steering and 4/50 air conditioning!

• Like 3

Very nice Model A.

Once I retire, I want to get a Ford Model A and use it as much as a daily driver as I can.

With parts availability, I can't really do that with the 20's cars I now own.

• Like 2

I am now 78 and remember reading a Model A owners manual in High School study hall.  I've always enjoyed the styling of the 30/31 A's .  You did well with your purchase and the enjoyment will out weigh the expense.   They do seem to run well.   Enjoy

• Thanks 1

? Can you turn the starter over from standing on the ground and don't mean with a crank. I am wondering if I can do it with a jump or remote button. Thanks Dave 

Sure, just engage the starter rod that comes through the floor to the starter from the engine side. Make sure the car wheels are chocked, the emergency brake engaged and the transmission in neutral. People have been injured or died doing this when the car started suddenly in gear!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RustyTinman said:

? Can you turn the starter over from standing on the ground and don't mean with a crank. I am wondering if I can do it with a jump or remote button. Thanks Dave 

My '30 Model A came with a solenoid and push button start installed by the previous owner. If yours has a starting solenoid installed then yes, you could engage the starter with a properly wired remote push button. One could use the method pkhammer described taking the aforementioned precautions. Would be a little cumbersome. In either case, a good idea to have wheels chocked, e. brake engaged and transmission in neutral.

I recommend picking up the book Model A Ford Mechanics Handbook by Les Andrews. https://www.mafca.com/cart/index.php?productID=166

Edited by AzBob
Additional info (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, zepher said:

Very nice Model A.

Once I retire, I want to get a Ford Model A and use it as much as a daily driver as I can.

With parts availability, I can't really do that with the 20's cars I now own.

Exactly, they're a tough one to beat for the reasons you stated. Sometimes it's just nice to order a part and not shake every bush in the land to find it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1