1973 international 200 all wheel drive 3/4 ton short bed stepside

Dblbaad

Open your glove compartment.  Empty it of contents, and push in the metal clips on each side, and let it swing down all the way, and see if your Line Setting Ticket is still in place.  It was taped there by the factory, and states exactly what it came with for options.

Craig

• Like 2

Try "Scoutco" in Harrisonburg, Va. They specialize in Scouts but many parts interchange.

Nice looking truck by the way! I wouldn't restore such a solid looking truck. Clean it up and drive it!

For some reason that gas cap in the front fender always looked out of place to me.........🤔

• Like 3

I’m an International fan. Buy a copy of Vintage Truck magazine - it will have most of the vendors you need. 

Also a google search will yield a company/International museum in Canada.  There is a club called Cornbinder Connection which is helpful. 

• Like 2

Like many rural faming communities I suppose, we had an International tractor dealership in town. They sold everything from large farm tractors and implements to cub cadet mowers and I remember seeing the occasional truck on the lot when I was a kid. I loved going there with Pop to get a blade or belt, etc. for the mower. Seemed like everything they had inside was branded IH. 

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the information , I don’t see many around , looking forward to fixing up . Someone told me to definitely hang on too , the short bed step side was a rare truck , especially in a 3/4 ton 4x4 . I can’t seem to find much information about them . Thank you again .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 8E45E said:

There is also the Smithson International Collection in Rimbey, Alberta, and George Kirkham's in Lethbridge.

A couple of George Kirkham's vehicles (and refrigerators.)

IMG_1990.JPG

IMG_1997.JPG

IMG_1991.JPG

These are the museum/businesses I was thinking of.  

9 hours ago, PAV8427 said:

I always said if they made a truck today like the IH, simple,tough,no frills. 
They probably couldnt make enough of them. 
Atleast for those of use that need a truck for a truck. 

Yes, They were tough and durable and stood up to life on the farm. The sheet metal rusted rather quickly though. 

One thing about International line setting tickets is there's not much to decode; its all explained in the first column.

What I read is you have a regular 1973 pickup with a 6-1/2 foot box, 345 cubic inch engine, Borg Warner T-19 4-spd transmission, HD cooling system, for a start.  The only item that may need decoding is the exterior paint color, being "special", which must be fleet color (Denver Board of Water Commissioners)?.

Craig

19 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

I had a 1971 3/4 ton that had 1 ton springs, it road like the seat was on the rear axle.

I had a CJ-5 Jeep like that once. Someone doubled up the springs and put 8 shocks on it. It rode like a Stone Boat. My back hurts just thinking about it. 🙃

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)