1937 McLaughlin Buick - $23,500 OBO

Looks like a good one if you don't mind the color (or colour since it's a McLaughlin) The whole story of McLaughlin is very interesting!

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/cto/d/north-vancouver-1937-mclaughlin-buick/7610844709.html

4 door sedan, good to excellent, appraised in 2017, always garaged, straight 8 engine, runs quietly. numerous spare parts negotiable, good historical documentation.  email: c50c4c536d3430de9fe93f6ac1d00807@sale.craigslist.org

00w0w_o2qVDW4HCA_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00Y0Y_dfYuNLJ06YJ_0cU09G_600x450.jpg01414_lnZmXV9uyfw_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg01111_dnPPRIJcQlT_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00v0v_9q0IdQ7Y2ev_0ak07K_600x450.jpg1

Edited by Leif in Calif
add email (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Maybe because I grew up with this era car still on the streets, but that width (or close to it) whitewall tire does not seem out of place-

especially on a fancy, side-mounted, brightly colored Buick/McLaughlin.

I like it fine just like it is - to each his own ?

Here's my 1937 Roadmaster!

1937 Buick at WWII Museum-1.jpg

1937 Buick 2018-12-18 Left side.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 5

I like the color well enough. My first thought was that it's the red of a maple leaf and sort of appropriate. I recall a similar color on Chryslers or DeSotos for '37. Clock, radio, heater and vintage blinkers -- very nice. So, is this the Canadian version of a Roadmaster? If that $23,500 is CDN, that's a steal at $17,390 USD.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I like the color well enough. My first thought was that it's the red of a maple leaf and sort of appropriate. I recall a similar color on Chryslers or DeSotos for '37. Clock, radio, heater and vintage blinkers -- very nice. So, is this the Canadian version of a Roadmaster? If that $23,500 is CDN, that's a steal at $17,390 USD.

Well if you look at the original trim tag I think says under model number 7-44-19. I think the first digit 7 denotes the year and 2nd and 3rd digits denotes the model number.  Also I do not see the 4 or 5 inch gap between the drivers door and the wheel arch.  Now this is Canadian model so I can't 100% sure with these models but I don't see a Roadmaster here.

Edited by deac (see edit history)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

29 minutes ago, deac said:

Well if you look at the original trim tag I think says under model number 7-44-19. I think the first digit 7 denotes the year and 2nd and 3rd digit denotes the model number.  Also I do not see the 4 or 5 inch gap between the drivers door and the wheel arch.  Now this is Canadian model so I can't 100% sure with these models but I don't see a Roadmaster here.

I agree that this is more likely akin to a Special (40 Series), and believe @deac is on the right track,

however, this does not cross over to Buick numbering scheme as a 1937 Buick Model 44 is a 2-door slope-back (maybe an early pre-Sedanet?).

• Like 1

The General Motors of Canada body data tag identifies this as a Model 7-44-19. That identifies the car as a Special 4 Door Trunkback Sedan. The most popular 1937 Buick sold in Canada in 1937. It is one of 2,960 produced in Canada for domestic use in 1937.

GM of Canada body data tags mirror the Fisher body style numbers of the US built Buicks. 4419 is the Fisher body Style number for a Model 41 Special 4 door trunkback sedan. For comparision, there were 82,440 Model 41's produced in the US in 1937.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2023 at 6:49 PM, Hudsy Wudsy said:

It certainly seems to be a particularly well-optioned Buick for being a 40 series.

Agreed !

I have to wonder if it were "born" that way, 

dealer enhanced when new,

or upgraded when restored/fixed-up?

• Like 1