1955 Chrysler Imperial Crown Limo

Allan.Almeida

Depends on what you need --- mechanical parts --- Master Cylinder,  All SIX (6) Wheel Cylinders, Brake Hoses, Brake Shoes, etc., etc. --- that would be me --- Always best to simply call me--- 516 - 485 - 1935.... 

I also have a good bit more for that vehicle, but strictly NEW and N.O.S. parts....

For cosmetic parts --- the used world --- fenders, grilles, moldings, lenses, etc. --- there are NO " good " sources --- stating what you need or want in here, may produce a phone call or two.....

Craig.....

Edited by mobileparts
Autospell errors (see edit history)

On 4/13/2023 at 12:08 AM, Allan.Almeida said:

Hi,

i Have just started restoring a 55 imperial limo,

for parts, which are the best sources ?

Like “mobileparts” noted, it really depends on what kinds of parts you need/want.

Body (panels, trim, etc) ?

Electrical (motors, control switches, wiring, etc) ?
Mechanical (brakes, engine, transmission, suspension/steering, etc) ?

Interior ?

Most of this stuff is quite difficult to find, especially if good quality and OEM correctness is a concern.

Most of the “New” reproduction stuff is junk and again, depending on the type of items, much of the 75+ years old “New Old Stock”  parts can also be 

In the past 35-40 years, I’ve restored several this era Chrysler Corp. cars, worked on many more and currently restoring a 1956 Imperial, so I know that finding good/quality parts is getting very difficult and often it can be easier to rebuild/restore the old parts.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:57 AM, mobileparts said:

Depends on what you need --- mechanical parts --- Master Cylinder,  All SIX (6) Wheel Cylinders, Brake Hoses, Brake Shoes, etc., etc. --- that would be me --- Always best to simply call me--- 516 - 485 - 1935.... 

I also have a good bit more for that vehicle, but strictly NEW and N.O.S. parts....

For cosmetic parts --- the used world --- fenders, grilles, moldings, lenses, etc. --- there are NO " good " sources --- stating what you need or want in here, may produce a phone call or two.....

Craig.....

Mostly trims and cosmetic and electrical fittings

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So on the 55 chrysler c70 crown imperial

I have finished the body work and doing a dry fit of the chrome mouldings before they go in for final chrome

Have attached a pic

in the meanwhile, i am rebuilding the hemi engine and would like some help in figuring the correct color for the enigne block, head and all the ancillaries.

Would be of great great help

Thanks In advance

unnamed.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone,

finished the mammoth restoration project in great time.

have attached some images.

Question.

the propeller shaft center cross bearing is under the cross brace, should it be up ? seems too low at the moment

right now there is no space to shift it upwards

and when we received the barn find car it was this way only

any one can help me with pictures of a limousine underside to understand better, so if i have to shift it upwards i can get a better understanding

Thanks in advance

9f7a6f2e-5f33-4559-a0a6-012d04dceb6f.JPG

35dac316-7b53-40ee-8bda-af373f1f2697.JPG

f413f192-d6dc-4ec7-886b-bc579427085b.JPG

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_4824 (1).jpg

IMG_4821 (1).jpg

IMG_4819 (1).jpg

• Like 4

Agree, the driveshaft is not correct as shown.  I no longer own the '56 Crown that I had.   But had it on my lift multiple times and the center carrier bearing was not hanging like that.  Thought I had chassis pics but unfortunately do not, sorry.

Your '55 looks fantastic.  Congratulations.

My '56 Crown by Derham coachworks.

0425191633a_HDR.jpg

That is a very nice Imperial.  Going by the photos, you have an equally desirable 8-passenger sedan; not the limousine with the plain black leather front seat, and divider window behind the front seat.

Craig

• 1 month later...

That may not be the original drive shaft. The one on your car looks thicker on the end compared the the latest photo. Plus, you can see the indents in the floor pan to accommodate the driveshaft so that it can go above the support arm. I had a 55 limo and mine was like the last picture above the support.