Parting out this 1957 Super 4-dr. hardtop

Pete Phillips

I will be hauling this parts car to the salvage yard next week (April 10-14). Does anyone need me to pull parts from it before it goes? Engine is stuck and will not turn. Upper grille bar is broken, as is the driver's side of the grille. Front bumper guards (next to license plate are damaged. Entire passenger side of the car has body damage and is not worth saving. I have pulled and saved the rear bumper ends which are very solid with no rust holes, and I have saved the tail light housings and rear bumper extensions between rear bumper and rear wheel opening. The car has factory A/C and power windows. Dashboard and interior door panels are pretty good; seats are bad, no back glass, passenger side glass is all cracked. Radiator and fan shroud are gone.

Pete Philips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TXIMG_0516.JPG.1c6f6948e176791d5e0098c1f425636d.JPG

Auction #10.JPG

Auction #11.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

• Like 1

thanks to people like Pete who find the cars, have the space and knowledge to dismantle carefully to save the parts to keep better cars on the road and complete and working. think about that everyone, what effort/time does it take to remove a part that may be frozen in place for over 60 years ? Would you do it or have the time to do it?

I don't need anything from this car but just have to commend the "good guys" who help us all out. Thanks Pete.

Walt

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mobileparts said:

Due to your non - response, should I " assume ' that you threw away the Ball Joints ???

No, I did not "throw away" the ball joints.  I told the next owner about them. I chose not to remove them myself because the car would become unmovable for me if I did that. I do not have a fork lift to lift and load or unload the car.  Also, the entire front suspension of the car was buried in the mud since 1971, so every nut, bolt, and joint was frozen, and I have a few other things to do in my life like running a business and editing a magazine.

Pete Phillips

• Like 2