WTB: 6 Champion C4 Spark Plugs for a 1926 Boyer Firetruck

riffking7

5 minutes ago, avgwarhawk said:

I believe the ones offered on Amazon have a different thread size. I think it's the same plug that JEGS offers.

One more thing. Be careful about using used C4 plugs if you plan on driving the vehicle regularly. I put some good used ones in our Packard Speedster for show purposes, then started driving the car. After replacing a few of the plugs, I decided they were good for "show only." The ceramic portion that you cannot see when it's in the engine disintegrates, and you become aware only after the engine starts "stumbling" and does not give the performance you want/need. Fortunately, the soft ceramic does not cause problems when it gets pulverized within the cylinder... or at least, in my case it didn't. 

For driving purposes, I use new plugs. They don't look right, but they're more reliable, and probably work better as well.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, 31 LaSalle said:

Does anyone know the equivalent to champion C4 with the same thread size 

If memory serves me correctly the plug is 7/8   14.  I believe the Champion W-18 is a direct replacement with the Champion W-16 fitting but a little cooler.   

There is an adapter available through old Ford supply places that I've used for checking compression but I've never used one for a spark plug.

HOOK corrected me and he is correct. They are 7/8 - 18.

Carl

Edited by 1937-44
correction (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 1937-44 said:

If memory serves me correctly the plug is 7/8   14.  I believe the Champion W-18 is a direct replacement with the Champion W-16 fitting but a little cooler.   

There is an adapter available through old Ford supply places that I've used for checking compression but I've never used one for a spark plug.

Carl

7/8-18, Champion 3X replaced by C-4, replaced by C-16C, replaced by W-16 and so on, Same used on Model A Fords 1928-1931. Check with Snyders Antique Auto Parts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to WTB: 6 Champion C4 Spark Plugs for a 1926 Boyer Firetruck