For Sale: 1929 Ford Model A oval window Business Coupe - $18,500 - Cape Cod, MA - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,000. 10-27-2023.

For Sale: 1929 Ford Model A oval window Business Coupe - $18,500 - Cape Cod, MA - Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,000. 10-27-2023. See New Link Below.

Ford model A - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1929 Ford model a one repaint probably in the early 50s mostly original cat great patina original top. This is an oval window coupe recently did a ton of mechanical work to it runs and drives excellent has a Mitchell overdrive in it. Five new tires and tubes. This car is ready to be driven and enjoyed its great with the Mitchell overdrive cruises at 60 no problem too much to list call for more details have more pictures and walk around videos of the car if you would like this car has a Great look to it with the originality to boot!   $ 18,500 obo
Copy and paste in your email: 2143609f00893dc5bbfb9bb5ddee9962@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1929 Ford Model A oval window Business Coupe.

'29 Ford model a MA a.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA b.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA c.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA d.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA e.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA f.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA g.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA h.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA i.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA j.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA k.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA l.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA m.jpg

'29 Ford model a MA n.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,000. 10-27-2023. Crossed out the dead CL link. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The top looks tired but correct, unlike others we've seen here. Price might or might not be be a little high but it's certainly "in the ball park".

This is a rare model, and the "A" community loves a rare model! 

• Like 1

I am no model A expert by a longshot! But I believe this is what was called a "Business Coupe" originally. A friend has considered wanting one. Although they sold quite a few of them originally, most survivors were modified into the more popular "Sport Coupe" without the oval corner windows. Most business coupes did not originally have the rumble seat, however it was an option for them, so may well be original to the car?

The Mitchell overdrive is very popular with the model A crowd. They actually manufactured a range of overdrive units for many antique automobiles and other special uses. They are not era correct, but were made to be somewhat inoffensive, and not require major modifications. I am not sure when they were made, but I think during the 1970s through 1990s? They may even still be available? I don't know.

Model A people tend to like to drive their cars, and the overdrive gives them a better sustained top speed and eases the engine's burden of being pushed too much.

Mitchell Overdrives are being made now for Model A Fords.  Can be purchased from either Mitchell or from the repop vendors.                John

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1929 Ford Model A oval window Business Coupe - $18,500 - Cape Cod, MA - Not Mine
4 hours ago, ford40 said:

Very nice car but I just don't fit. Ideal for the small guy !

You got that right. There are some nice Model A's out there and I regret not being able to drive them. 

• 7 months later...
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1929 Ford Model A oval window Business Coupe - $18,500 - Cape Cod, MA - Not Mine - Still Available, Price Reduced to $16,000. 10-27-2023.