A very polish 1951 FORD Deluxe where does is it come From???

Lepic

5 hours ago, Lepic said:

I saw that 1951 Ford Deluxe,,  all the body is polish to perfect on steel , it shine,,  and the chrome is copper plate,

Do you thing is a factoty made or just an one of creation??  331936540_159018753259351_7019244412668259527_n.jpg.b7cddd61bcccafbc191635018eb7e516.jpg

The only 'factory made' shiny Ford products were a small handful of stainless steel 1936 Fords, a Thunderbird, and a Lincoln.  It was commissioned by Allegheny Steel to stress the virtues of stainless steel.

Craig

12acd117.jpg

12acd119.jpg

That was a problem that was discovered with the stainless car experiment. Beautiful when new but not repairable when damaged. Unless you paint it then, the natural finish becomes mute. 

1 hour ago, m-mman said:

That was a problem that was discovered with the stainless car experiment. Beautiful when new but not repairable when damaged. Unless you paint it then, the natural finish becomes mute. 

But Delorean had to rediscover that fact...

Then again, I've always thought Deloreans looked good painted (though I'm not sure about the 4x4 stance of this one).

Candy-Apple-Red-Delorean_3.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 2:16 AM, 8E45E said:

The only 'factory made' shiny Ford products were a small handful of stainless steel 1936 Fords, a Thunderbird, and a Lincoln.  It was commissioned by Allegheny Steel to stress the virtues of stainless steel.

Craig

There were three Model A Fords made of stainless ("rustless steel" in Ford-speak), although apparently they were not commissioned by Allegheny.

What level of involvement did Allegheny have with the stainless-bodied Ford Model A's?

One still exists.  The site won't allow copying pictures but they can be seen here:

1931 Model A Stainless Steel Tudor Sedan

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 2:27 PM, joe_padavano said:

But Delorean had to rediscover that fact...

Then again, I've always thought Deloreans looked good painted (though I'm not sure about the 4x4 stance of this one).

Candy-Apple-Red-Delorean_3.jpg

I believe the natural finish ones were factory clear coated after seeing how they fingerprinted

On 3/9/2023 at 7:20 AM, bryankazmer said:

I believe the natural finish ones were factory clear coated after seeing how they fingerprinted

Got into the NYC auto show early on the first day only for the media. Some exhibitors were still putting the finishing touches on their exhibits. At the Delorean booth a worker was going over the car removing any marks from being pushed into position.  I was amazed at how quickly he cleaned it up,...with a Scotch Brite pad. The car was not polished, it was what is known as a "brushed finish". Any I saw there after in public I did not see fingerprints. Maybe the trick to keeping hands off them was always keep driving like Narco's are after you ? Oh wait,... that didn't work for Delorean. 😁 

Paul

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)
  • Haha 1