Help I.D. the year of this hood ornament? Late model

Pete Phillips

52 minutes ago, NTX5467 said:

Not very "Late Model" as there hasn't been a Buick with a flat but angled header panel in use for quite a while.  I'm thinking mid-1980s or so, probably more like later 1970s, which is late model to some, I guess.

Just a suspicion,

NTX5467

For some those would be late model Willis. 😚  but i am thinking  Regal, between 73 and 78. My 78 Estate Wagon had a similar looking extension and emblem except the base of the emblem was hexagonal as opposed to this one being circular, and the edge of the trishield circle was knurled as opposed to this one being smooth.  

7 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

For some those would be late model Willis. 

I know, a variable point of reference.  When we were at the General Membership meeting in Kokomo, after the proposal for the Driven Class, one older member made some comments about that class not being open to "modern cars" (with power steering. a/c, etc.).  At the time, I considered that a bit amusing, but accurate given his obvious orientation.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Get the magnifying glass out and read the numbers inside. I've rarely seen a cast GM part without a part or casting number.