For Sale: 1960 Lincoln Premier 2-Door Hardtop - Black - Sudbury, MA - Not Mine - 12/9 SOLD!

For sale on OfferUp: 1960 Lincoln Premier 2-door Hardtop in Sudbury, MA  -  $12,000  -  Must be a member of OfferUp to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://offerup.com/item/detail/a824e563-d235/1960-Lincoln-Premiere

Seller's Description:

1960 Lincoln Premier 2-door Hardtop

• Seller: Joe M
  • Condition: Good
  • 0 Miles
  • Clean title

Nice rare Lincoln just never drive it. Needs tinkering always stored inside. Replaced carb with new in the box eddlebrock but needs adjustments still have original carb. Paint is good interior is seat covers but not gross. Has new fuel cell in trunk brake booster sent out and fully rebuilt and reinstalled dash pad needs to be recovered needs carpet installed. It’s all there no missing parts no bs $12,000 cash or trade for Bobcat or excavator.

image.png.93e29a81276530c8a77bdcce71832415.png

image.png.e769fcdedb267df3573eafd5feb12541.png

image.png.6d7527b5f178f5f74e6f174810d9ecc9.png

image.png.099a757dc6d5dc2df23c26300c3396e8.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Pretty darned rare today in a 2 door.

Imagine buying this in the summer of '60, and then the stunning '61 came out a few months later. 

The rear window is stylistically similar to the lowly '60 Ford Fairlane line- not the handsome  "Thunderbird inspired" Galaxie roofline. IMHO, the '60 Lincoln is the most insipid restyle of the '58-60 line.

1 hour ago, Sal Hepatica said:

27 minutes ago, EmTee said:

Wow -- a Lincoln coupe!  I rarely see those...

I agree.  This is one time when the seller's calling it "rare" is justified.

I see plenty of Continental Mark 4-door hardtops and convertibles. 

The regular 1958-1960 Lincoln line is seen maybe 1/10 as often as the

Continentals.  And this, being a regular Lincoln 2-door, is a model

which I don't recall seeing EVER.

I hope some Lincoln fan will buy this and continue the improvement.

• Like 3

The unibody 1958-'60 Lincolns and Continentals pretty much 'did-in' the appeal of two door Lincolns for a while, to wit:

Precent of annual production, 1956-'60:

1956: 47%

1957: 44.2%

1958: 27%

1959: 22%

1960: 18%

These percentages may have influenced the decision to delete the two-door hardtop from the 1961 Lincoln Continental body style selection. 

One major possible cause of the diminished appeal of the 1958-'60 two door hardtops may stem from the fact the two-door hardtop shares the same roof shell stampings and configuration as the four door hardtops.   Whereas industry design practice in the era was to truncate the length of the two-door hardtop roof for a sportier look, the tooling cost for this Lincoln series may have precluded that additional expense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sal Hepatica said:

Imagine buying this in the summer of '60, and then the stunning '61 came out a few months later. 

The rear window is stylistically similar to the lowly '60 Ford Fairlane line- not the handsome  "Thunderbird inspired" Galaxie roofline. IMHO, the '60 Lincoln is the most insipid restyle of the '58-60 line.

I think the upper models had the reverse slant backlight.  Unusual to see a base model with this roofline.  Not sure I've ever seen one.  The base premiere in black looks much "cleaner" than some of the upper model 4 doors in bright colors.  Completely different than the '61 but each has their charms.  I'm not a fan of the front end of the 58-60 but I like the side profile and rear. The '61 is of course virtually perfect from any angle!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TexRiv_63 said:

I actually like the styling of this massive thing but I am also a big fan of the 1960 Ford...   

I like the styling of the 1960 Lincolns and Continentals, too.

They're not classic beauties, but they are pleasant.

From all I've read, the Lincolns (and Continentals) of

1958-1960 were great disappointments to Ford Motor Company. 

They thought they were all set to rival Cadillac, but sales were

very disappointing, and got worse every year.  They fell further

and further behind.

In the late 1950's, there was a public reaction against ever bigger

cars with thirstier engines.  Therefore, each year in 1959 and 1960,

Lincoln's engines had less horsepower.  They also toned down

the 1958 styling each year, making it more conventional.

Hence, the more ordinary roofline of the regular 1960 Lincolns.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2022 at 12:49 PM, TexRiv_63 said:

I actually like the styling of this massive thing but I am also a big fan of the 1960 Ford, the red headed stepchild of 60s Fords. That rear window does look familiar... 

IMG_0015.jpg

I would agree with you on most of the 1960 Fords, but IMO the Starliner with the fastback roof line is a beautiful car. 

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1960 Lincoln Premier 2-Door Hardtop - Black - Sudbury, MA - Not Mine - 12/9 SOLD!