Buick emblems on hood 63

Dundee

Hi, there were only BUICK lettering on the boot lid and nothing on the bonnet (hood). The Riviera was new in that it had very little chrome or badging …… less equals more!

Cheers

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

A5DFCA5C-4F58-4FE7-9513-D04754E409D2.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you all..

I have 2 sets of letters one which suits the trunk mounting holes and another set that didn’t so I had to ask the question. Have correct hood spear but emblem maybe missing. Have another spear and upright emblem 64/65. It’s sometimes a confusing package with the extra bits that aren’t 63. 

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

I think that repos are available for the 63 hood spear.

I think so too Ed but I also it maybe ceremonial by way of it being the last thing I fit to the car......

The 'coyote hanging on to a rocket' hood emblem also has its merit. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:41 PM, Dundee said:

I think so too Ed but I also it maybe ceremonial by way of it being the last thing I fit to the car......

Hood emblem was one of the 1st things I added after paint years back. Careful, whatever glue I used back then, partially melted my emblem from CARS.

My Dashpad will be the last thing I'll fit to my Riv. Always working on something in there. Eventually will give that speedo cable a 3rd try.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SwedeDownUnderR63 said:

Perth Mint might have some Gold alternatives for you. Only the best for a luxury car… Sorry, couldn’t stop myself😏

Mmm have a $200 coin somewhere 

• Like 1