cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 85000
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual

Up for your consideration is a Nice Condition 1937 Buick with the straight 8 Engine. The engine runs and drives down the road very well. Just serviced the breaks with new wheel cylinders and rebuilt master cylinder. The interior was redone in the late 60's or early 70's and stills shows very well. The paint looks nice but is showing its age (patina). When warmed up the vehicle does smoke a bit but that is expected as the car sat non-running for over 20 years. The smoking has improved the more we run it so it may get even better with more run time.

The car runs and drives and is mechanically very solid. The one part that should be looked into in the not so distant future is the wiring under the hood. The wiring has aged and could use some updating. Otherwise the car is in great shape as the photos show. If you have any questions please let us know

00R0R_3aTwNV8oD53z_0wg0oc_600x450.jpg

00l0l_cq9OT0KiGMIz_0ne0t2_600x450.jpg

00707_gEUEyy0M27oz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_ayzeB7Vvr2z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00h0h_7HkG54uJrA4z_0wg0oc_1200x900.jpg

00u0u_2cVy91IU9tDz_0wg0oc_600x450.jpg

Leather would be really unusual for original equipment on a USA sedan (if even available). It would not be unusual in Australia, and when I stumble across a picture of a leather interior in a US brand sedan, I keep looking for more pictures and usually find that the steering wheel is on the right. I don't completely hate this interior in the post, though I might if I saw it up close. At first glance it reminds me of a real 1937 Buick leather interior I once saw. On the second and third glance the sloppiness really starts to stand out.

00I0I_ayzeB7Vvr2z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

The picture of the front seat shows beyond any doubt what we are looking at. Vinyl can sometimes imitate leather or 1930s artificial leathers fairly well at first. After any wear and use at all the truth comes out when it starts looking like your grandmother's recliner.

00707_gEUEyy0M27oz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

From what we have seen of it, I wouldn't write this one off. It does look like a fairly solid car. It would need a good inspection of course. They also haven't specified which model this is. I am assuming a Special just because they are more common, and of course model affects value. That interior would be fine (and practical) in a driver, and you could always do it later.

• Like 2

If you can verify this Buick as a solid runner with decent paint it could be a fun project. I don't know that I would be able to live with the interior as it looks pretty funky to me. From what I can see on the data tag this a Special model 41. Clean it up, cut and buff the paint and replace the interior in stages when you can. Personally I would shoot for $8,500.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

Leather would be really unusual for original equipment on a USA sedan (if even available). It would not be unusual in Australia, and when I stumble across a picture of a leather interior in a US brand sedan, I keep looking for more pictures and usually find that the steering wheel is on the right. I don't completely hate this interior in the post, though I might if I saw it up close. At first glance it reminds me of a real 1937 Buick leather interior I once saw. On the second and third glance the sloppiness really starts to stand out.

The picture of the front seat shows beyond any doubt what we are looking at. Vinyl can sometimes imitate leather or 1930s artificial leathers fairly well at first. After any wear and use at all the truth comes out when it starts looking like your grandmother's recliner.

From what we have seen of it, I wouldn't write this one off. It does look like a fairly solid car. It would need a good inspection of course. They also haven't specified which model this is. I am assuming a Special just because they are more common, and of course model affects value. That interior would be fine (and practical) in a driver, and you could always do it later.

The facebook marketplace listing has a photo of the body data plate. This 1937 Special Model 41 was originally equipped with Trim #301 Taupe Mohair Fabric. That is one of the few reupholstery jobs that I have seen that actually followed the original patterns for the incorrect material. I really wish they had used the correct material, as they seem to have gone to a lot of trouble to use the right pattern with the wrong material. The paint is likely the original Paint Code # 500 Imperial Black as shown on the body date plate. It looks like it could be a decent car if you could live with that interior.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MCHinson said:

It looks like it could be a decent car if you could live with that interior.  

I could live with it and I think the vanilla ice cream the grand kids tend to drop on the seats would look much better on the vinyl than mohair. I love taking the dogs for a ride and not having to check the bottoms of their feet each time they get in and out of the car would be a real plus. Yes I know they make seat covers but for what they are asking this works. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EmTee said:

I wonder how the car wound-up there...

Two things come to mind. Cleaning up an estate where it didn't sell for the asking price, and someone needed cash and sold it to them. The last time I was there I visited with I believe (poor memory) the owner on a day they were closed. I was driving my 2010 Ford Sport-trac. He asked if I was interested in selling it as someone he knew was looking for one. They have a good reputation so maybe someone sold it to them. 

• Thanks 1