For Sale: 1955 Plymouth Plaza 4dr Sedan, 33K miles, 6 cyl., manual shift - $6,500 - Fort Calhoun, NE - Not Mine

For Sale: 1955 Plymouth Plaza 4dr Sedan, 33K miles, 6 cyl., manual shift - $6,500 - Fort Calhoun, NE

1955 classic car - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1955 Plymouth Plaza. In great shape. Everything works. Runs great. Drive it home today. 33,000 original miles. Great tires. $6500 or best offer. Clean title. Call or text.

Copy and paste in your email: b2a2dde657693f1dbb58194531ccd077@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1955 Plymouth Plaza 4dr Sedan.

'55 Plymouth plaza NE a.jpg

'55 Plymouth plaza NE b.jpg

'55 Plymouth plaza NE c.jpg

'55 Plymouth plaza NE d.jpg

'55 Plymouth plaza NE e.jpg

'55 Plymouth plaza NE f.jpg

'55 Plymouth plaza NE g.jpg

'55 Plymouth plaza NE h.jpg

• Like 2

It does seem like 55-56 Plymouths have very few folks interested in them.  A few, Furys  and Belvederes with V8’s yes, but the rest not so much. I have seen them languish on E-Bay for a long time without much activity at all. And that before E-Bay went nuts with pricing. Maybe is the styling?  I find I am not as attracted as much to them either compared the years before and after.

• Like 3

Love these "blue collar" cars.  Basic and rock solid transportation.  I have a 53 all original plymouth that I use for work a couple times a week. These cars are so simple and dependable. But this price needs cut by 1/2 right now.  I bought my 53 with same 3 on the tree and flat six for 1700 because they could not get it to stop overheating. 52k original miles. Nobody thought about buying a manual and pulling the water distribution tube.

• Like 1

Chrome looks pretty good in the photos!  I like the front end.  I see hints of '56 Chevy in the hooded headlights and taillights, too. 

• 2 weeks later...

These are very cleanly styled. The lowest price model with the 100 million dollar look. The basic body shape is pleasing without too much chrome.  A fancier model would be more desirable but a basic car like this without power options or automatic trans would probably be an easy DIY  collector car. It will all depend on the price.

• Like 2

As the former owner of a low mileage 1955 Belvedere V8 Powerflite 4-door, IMO these Plymouth sedans were rather plain looking and lacked any real pizzazz or unique styling cues that would set them apart from the rest. The hardtops however did have kind of a unique look to them. And I never understood why the temp & oil pressure gauges were installed way over on the passenger side of the dash making them impossible for the driver to read. It was an OK car but I never thought of mine as anything special. Just for the record, Buick claimed third place in the sales race in 1955 and Plymouth finished fourth ahead of Oldsmobile. 

9 hours ago, The 55er said:

... these Plymouth sedans were rather plain looking and lacked any real pizzazz or unique styling cues...

I don't mind the styling.  It's clean and rather graceful.

But the parents of one man I know had a 1955 Plymouth,

he told me.  He was a little disappointed that, in a year

of increasing tailfins, the Plymouth didn't have them.

He called the 1955 Plymouth "the year of droopy fins!"

If you think about as a daily driver (second car) it makes sense - just had the heater hoses replaced on my 2008 Grand Caravan (bad arthritis) - hoses were $140 each plus 1-1/2 hours labor. Even with the arthritis I could replace the heater hoses on this one - even have enough left over from the last heater hoses I replaced on a beater.... Flathead Mopars are a sweet motor. 

• Like 2